News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Well let's see what this state has to offer...

Started by calfret, May 04, 2011, 02:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calfret

Hello folks!  It seems I shall become one of you very soon!  My time down here in Mississippi is near its end (very sadly so), and I'm very likely to end up in Bowling Green come this summer/ fall.  I'm haggling with the powers-that-be over finances, but I believe I am destined for the place.
So, I'm a Virgo, I like long walks in the park... oh wait.. I mean I want to wake up Sleepy Americans!  That's all I really care about outside my geology.  What ranges or events do you guys have within a couple hours of Bowling Green?  I need to get my boots muddy and my rifle dirty! 

I'm super excited to be a part of the state of the man who gave me my orange hat- DonD.

I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you folks soon. 

P.S.: If anyone has any tips for moving into the BG area, please let me know.  Sometime soon I will need to find a place to reside for the next couple years.

Respectfully,
Gabe Russell aka Calfret
"No school or course I have attended (military or civilian) teaches the basics and pushes you to master them as well as Appleseed."
-Boltgun71

hawkhavn

Gabe,

Welcome to the Region, I'm not in Kentucky (quite).  Looking forward to working the line with you soon.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

yellowhousejake

Yea! You want muddy boots and a dirty rifle, we can certainly take of that for you. Kentucky needs to grow and can use all the help you can offer. You will likely meet a few of us Hoosier instructors in your time there.

Glad to have you aboard.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

dond

Welcome calfret. It will be good to have you here. My two home ranges; Boaz, KY, and Puryear, TN, may be a little further than two hours away, but maybe you can stretch it a little. I'll be seeing you this weekend and we can talk further.

dond
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

kentuckyjam

Knob Creek should be less than 2 hours, I do not know about Carrollton, might be 2.5 for ya.  Welcome!
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

calfret

Ok, so I've noticed that you can now donate your vehicle to the RWVA.  Sweet!  I would just like to point out that I have been having vehicle troubles as of late, and as an RWVA member and Appleseed instructor I will gladly make use of your donation to drive around in my daily life and to the occasional shoot.  ;)
"No school or course I have attended (military or civilian) teaches the basics and pushes you to master them as well as Appleseed."
-Boltgun71