News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Training Opportunities - NE NY May-June, 2011

Started by nyrasgt, April 30, 2011, 08:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyrasgt

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Northeastern NY has the following, inexpensive (comparatively speaking) training opportunities, for your consideration and entertainment:

1)  CPR/AED/Trauma First Aid class, @ $10 (!) - Sunday, 29 May at Saraspa Rod amd Gun Club outside Saratoga Spring, NY.  PM Mark R - R1sgx2 on the forum.  Working on another
June-Sunday date for Hudson Falls F&G...  Super cheap training - great personal insurance.
2)  NRA Certified Pistol Instructor ($115) and Range Safety Officer (addl. $35, $150 total)
   Fri-Sat-Sun 6/17-18-19 in the Glens Falls area and Sunday 6/19 at either HF F&G or Dunham's Bay F&G - both AS venues.  May be last NRA course offered untill next Fall.
Can pm me w. email address for reg. form.

Full disclosure:  will be teaching, along with other, smarter folk, both classes - but do not let that deter you...

Training is like money (and luck, and safety): more is always better.
Excelsior,
madMark

NYS Cert EMT #160855
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"

nyrasgt

Third training date added, as of today:

1)  CPR/AED/Trauma First Aid @ $10   Sunday 29 May, 1p-5p @ Saraspa Fish and Game, Greenfield Center, NY (outside Saratoga Springs).  PM R1sgx2 to have name added to list.
2)  CPR/AED/Trauma First Aid @ $10   Sunday 5 June, 1p - 5p @ Hudson Falls Fish and Game, Rt. 196, Hudson
Falls, NY.  PM nyrasgt to have name added to list.
3) NRA Cert Pistol Instructor class, Glens Falls area, 1 night + 2 days, cost $115 (add $35 for RSO cert @ same time)
    17-18-19 June.  PM nyrasgt for info-reservations.

Can never have enough training, especially when it's so much cheaper than pretty much anywhere else.  Will keep working on add'l training dates, though CPR may have to wait till Fall, '11 as my weekends from end of June through Labor Day are claimed by NYRA.
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846