News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AIBC: Cloverdale Indiana, June 18-19

Started by yellowhousejake, April 26, 2011, 10:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldFish

Quote from: techres on June 09, 2011, 08:06:26 PM
Quote from: GoldFish on June 09, 2011, 06:05:10 PM

FYI, SPQR, a whole bunch of 'Ohio Weirdos' are going to raiding your state, Nashville, July 9-10. &) >:D

Oh, really....

Hmmm.....

That's what the I.S. says. ^-^  Oh, and there's another weirdo..er...I mean, kid from Idaho going too.   

Is there something wrong, Tech? :)
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

AuntieBellum

Quote from: KYWindage on June 09, 2011, 01:24:38 PM
Quote from: ATM on June 08, 2011, 09:29:14 PM
I fully plan to mix Bacon, Oreos and cheese.

Wait... who's bringing the Oreos and cheese?
Bacon, ammo, coffee, rifle, ammo, bacon..... what else does one require?

I'm pretty sure you misspelled a word.  "Rifle" should always be spelled "rifles."   ;)
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

KYWindage

Quote from: AuntieBellum on June 09, 2011, 10:26:47 PM

I'm pretty sure you misspelled a word.  "Rifle" should always be spelled "rifles."   ;)
Down in the hollers of southern IN, we have to get by with cheap commie centerfires, oldmarlin tubefed rimfires.
Besides, I may be a decent shot, but I can't shoot two rifles accurately at the same time.(*tips his fresh orange hat*)unlike you, AB......
Besides, I ca
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct

POC

I'm planning on being there. As a nearly brand-new Orange hat, I know I have a lot to learn.
I'm not sure if I'll be camping or not, but I better plan on it in case nothing else turns up.
I may try this "shotgun" shoot thing too.  I've heard about them...  :D
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.

OhmsLaw

Quote from: KYWindage on June 10, 2011, 12:22:23 AM
Quote from: AuntieBellum on June 09, 2011, 10:26:47 PM

Down in the hollers of southern IN, we have to get by with cheap commie centerfires, oldmarlin tubefed rimfires.
Besides, I may be a decent shot, but I can't shoot two rifles accurately at the same time.(*tips his fresh orange hat*)unlike you, AB......
Besides, I ca

Just to clarify, there's no shooting at the aibc, correct????  Just getting my packing list down.
Ohmslaw(appleseed)/Peashooter(ingo)/Scott(Reality)
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." - George Washington

OhmsLaw

anybody got a count for dinner saturday and breakfast sunday?  Can we store stuff in the clubhouse fridge from friday til sunday?
Ohmslaw(appleseed)/Peashooter(ingo)/Scott(Reality)
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." - George Washington

DaveD

Quote from: OhmsLaw on June 12, 2011, 06:59:37 PM
Just to clarify, there's no shooting at the aibc, correct????  Just getting my packing list down.

That is correct
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

AuntieBellum

Quote from: OhmsLaw on June 12, 2011, 07:01:14 PM
anybody got a count for dinner saturday and breakfast sunday?  Can we store stuff in the clubhouse fridge from friday til sunday?

It appears that there are 20 people signed up so far.  Plus Fred.  Plus those pesky instructors coming to invade our evening meal after a hard day's work at Noblesville that day.   >:D  Plus a couple of others I hear may be coming who haven't signed up...so I'd figure 25ish for dinner, closer to 20 for breakfast maybe.  You know, unless the count changes.  I've also been wrong before, and I'm pretty certain will be again.

The fridge is ours for the weekend.

POC

Any idea what the daily course will look like?  What time of the day might be getting finished on Saturday?

AuntieBellum

Quote from: POC on June 15, 2011, 07:47:45 PM
Any idea what the daily course will look like?  What time of the day might be getting finished on Saturday?

Saturday
8ish - 5ish...or 6ish...or 7ish...  ;) : Talk with Fred
I'd imagine by the time we grill up and finish dinner afterwards it'll likely be on the late side of that.

Sunday
8ish - 4ish...or 5ish...or 6ish: Talk with Fred
I would imagine Sunday will end quite a bit earlier than Saturday.

At least that's what the first one was.  Not sure if they've evolved over the past few months into any different time schedule or not. O0

POC

I might have to cut out Saturday afternoon to make it across Indy before a store closes, but I'll come back.

ATM

Quote from: DaveD on June 13, 2011, 05:53:13 PM
Quote from: OhmsLaw on June 12, 2011, 06:59:37 PM

That is correct

Dang. I've got a new suppressor that needs a good shootin'.  :'(
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

techres

Quote from: ATM on June 16, 2011, 04:53:09 PM
Dang. I've got a new suppressor that needs a good shootin'.  :'(

Ditto, I just finished by BBQ SBR...   :'(
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

AuntieBellum

I've got my newly returned and fixed from the factory beautiful blue boltie that needs function tested...maybe we can convince Fred that Indiana needs trigger time... :cool2:

SPQR

When I went to the AIBC we went from 7 in the morning to about midnight, uphill both ways.  Fred then ridiculed my generation until about 3 in the morning and then we had to get up for PT at 0500.  Well, I say "We" but it was really just PT for me while Fred told me what a disgrace I was.  After calisthenics I had to run back and forth through a pit of sawdust waist deep while being shot with a water hose and reciting the 6 Steps.   &)

I know everybody has families and stuff on their plate but I would suggest just committing yourself to the weekend and letting it go where it will.  This is an opportunity to learn tips and garner advice from someone with a lot of shoot experience at the very least, and that should be enough if you want to be a better marksmanship instructor.  Beyond that, it is an opportunity to get some suggestions from someone so committed they have pledged their fortune and sacred honor to making the country better. 
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

techres

Meeting Fred is an experience that is worth alot!  How much exactly?

Let's see:

• Giving your couch 2 days off.
  • Letting the forum go for 2 days.
  • Passing on an awesome Appleseed Shoot.
  • Taking the heat from your wife who asks who you're gonna spend Father's day with.
  • Sleeping 2 nights on the ground.
  • 1 Round trip plane ticket to somewhere else for your wife to go the next weekend in trade for the AIBC.  It's gonna be daddy's weekend alone with the kids!

And trust me, it is all gonna be worth it!   O0

See you all soon, hope we see some non-Hoosiers join us as well.

Joshua/Techres
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.