News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

GA Promotions: History Seed - How You Can Help

Started by Son of Isaac, April 25, 2011, 10:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Son of Isaac

All,

This message is for you - yes, you!   O0 Project Appleseed within the state of GA has recently formed a promotions team.  The purpose of this team is to grow program awareness, and awaken sleeping Americans within the state of Georgia.

Lead by Shaftoe and working with national, this team has identified several opportunities to promote Appleseed within the state of GA.  The following topic describes History Seed.

History Seed

What is History Seed?
History Seed is a non-shooting event during which the message of Appleseed is shared in a venue such as a school, library, or other group format. 

You can find an After Action Report (AAR) from a recent History Seed here:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=22297.msg173806;topicseen#msg173806

History without Shooting?
That's right, history can be shared at a non-shooting event.  Remember, the primary mission of the RWVA is to reconnect Americans with their past, get involved with the present, and change the future.  This mission is the same on or off the firing line.

How Can I Help?
     1.   Are you currently a member of another organization (non-Appleseed)?
                        a.   If "No," proceed to Step 2.
                        b.   If "Yes," proceed to step 3.
     2.   Join, or connect with a non-Appleseed organization
                        a.   Why should I join or connect with another organization?
                                 i.   It is very simple, if the members of Project Appleseed only connect with other members of Project Appleseed,
                                       then the program is not long for this world.  An insular organization cannot grow.  Appleseed cannot grow,
                                       unless you connect with your community.
                                 ii.   Let me put it another way.  An insular organization, one that does not connect with its community will soon be
                                        forgotten and cease to exist.
                                 iii.   As Appleseeders, we have a responsibility to affect our community through positive change and principle
                                       oriented behavior. 
                                 iv.   OK, do you get it now?  Good!  So, for the sake of Appleseed, go - get involved outside of Appleseed.
                       b.   What non-Appleseed organization should I join or connect with?
                                  i.   It really doesn't matter.  I will start with the assumption that as a member of Appleseed, you are of good
                                        character and have a desire to be involved with organizations that seek positive change in your community.  So
                                        it really doesn't matter what organization you join or get involved with - just choose one that fits your
                                        principles, go, join and get involved.
                                  ii.   A few suggestions:  VFW, patriot groups, your church, synagogue, boy scouts, girl scouts, high school classes or
                                        other youth groups.
     3.   Identify the Program Coordinator of the Non-Appleseed Organization
                       a.   Most organizations meet monthly.  These monthly meeting often include a guest speaker.  The guest speaker is
                                usually selected by a Vice President of Programs, Program Coordinator, or another officer within the Non-Appleseed
                                organization. 
                       b.   Identify this person. 
                       c.   Gather contact info, (e-mail address)
     4.   Send the following message to Program Coordinator of the Non-Appleseed Organization
                       a.   (see History Seed Letter Template at the end of this post)
     5.   Contact Shaftoe to coordinate Timing, Venue & Speaker
                      a.   If the non-Appleseed organization is receptive, contact Shaftoe and he will coordinate the timing, venue and speaker
                                for this event.

History Seed Letter Template
        Note: You can copy and paste the letter below, or feel free to create your own message.  If you are a member of the organization, be sure to make it personal.

Subject: Project Appleseed:  May we present the story of the 3 Strikes to <insert non-Appleseed Organization name here>?

Dear Mr. <insert contact name here>,

My name is <insert your name here>.  I am on the promotions team for Project Appleseed within the state of Georgia.  Project Appleseed is a program within the Revolutionary War Veterans Association (RWVA).  The Revolutionary War Veterans Association, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is dedicated to teaching every American our shared heritage and history as well as traditional rifle marksmanship skills.  Project Appleseed teaches rifle marksmanship skills that have been passed down from generation to generation and reconnects Americans with the people and events of colonial America.

Our volunteer instructors travel across the country teaching those who attend about the difficult choices, the heroic actions, and the sacrifices that the Founders made on behalf of modern Americans, all of whom are their "progeny."

Our heritage program vividly portrays the Battles of Lexington and Concord with the kind of care and immediacy that is absent from most formal schooling. Modern listeners are confronted with the danger, the fear, and the heartbreaking separations that arose out of the choices made on April 19th, 1775. They are also reminded of the marksmanship skills and masterful organization that ultimately helped set the colonists on the path to success. Through these stories, the audience gains a better understanding of the fundamental choices faced by our ancestors as they began to set the stage for the nation we now enjoy.

The 3 strikes
3 events form the foundation of our message and detail the crucial events of April 19th, 1775.  Recounted in detail, the 3 strikes illustrate the critical encounters of April 19th, 1775 which sparked the armed conflict of the American Revolution.

Strike 1:  Gage, Boston, Parker, Lexington, the Shot Heard around the World
Strike 2:  Concorde Bridge, the beginnings of a Route of the Regulars
Strike 3:  The Retreat of the Regulars back to Boston, the agony of Defeat for the Best Army in the World

We believe that the RWVA and <insert non-Appleseed Organization name here> share a common mission.  If you accept our invitation, we would like to share the stories of the 3 strikes with your group. 

May we schedule a time to discuss this and coordinate further?

Sincerely,

<insert your name here>
<insert your contact information here>

Piker

WM of my Lodge thinks it would be great and that the members would love the history.  8)

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Son of Isaac

Piker,

That's great!  Can you please coordinate with Shaftoe?

Thanks!

~TravelPatriot

Piker

Will do via FB tonight, the WM and Shaftoe are both on FaceBook and friends of mine.  O0
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

shaftoe

O0 O0 O0

If you think of any organization that could benefit from about 1 to 1.5 hours of riveting American history and heritage presentation, let us know.  Schools, church groups, picnics, fairs, charitable groups, fraternal organizations, patriot groups, scout troops, veterans groups, and many more.  We can provide any information or materials that would help. 

Help us make the connection and we'll make it happen!
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. --Edmund Burke

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.  --Theodore Roosevelt

Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est