News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HEADS UP ILLINOIS!!!! 2 Lines to fill this weekend!!!!

Started by Garand69, April 25, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

The first is obvious......

The first ever split weekend Appleseed in Ottawa IL on Sunday!!!! Fill that line!! Whether it is new shooters or yourselves getting re-acquainted with your rifles. GET ON THAT LINE!!!

Second, seeing as we have a ton of IIT's these days, the next best option for the betterment of the Appleseed Nation is helping out the Decorah, IA Shoot!! Iowa is working hard to reach it's goals for 2011 and for the most part needs all the help it can get!!! That is not harassing Team IA, it's just they are a little behind the curve  with a lot of fresh Volunteers, and anything that we can do to get numbers up will be a boost to their effort, as well as the Nations!!! If you have the time to travel just a tick over our NW Border... try to be there!!!!  :cool2:
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

dugjeep

I might be down in ottawa Sunday how many shooters do we got so far

2 clicks low

Sorry, got me a Kraft Single ++) and am headed to Racine.
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Gumballhead

I'm cheddar mining too...

I left it NICE and CLEAN last weekend for youse guys.  Take care of it!

Garand69

Quote from: dugjeep on April 25, 2011, 11:50:58 PM
I might be down in ottawa Sunday how many shooters do we got so far

I knew we had a Patriotic Illinoisan amongst the bunch!! You have to be quick if your bringing family and friends to Ottawa on Sunday DJ!! We only have about 25 spots left!! Don't forget ALL ATTENDEES WHO SIGN ON FOR AN APPLESEED SHOOT AT OTTAWA RECEIVE AN RWVA MEMBERSHIP FOR FREE!!!!!!! Of course an R.O.C. goes along with that membership, so you shoot FREE until you score Rifleman or your Membership Expires!!!!

For those considering raiding the Decorah IA inaugural Appleseed Shoot , I have some serious intel folks!!

1st potential issue is when you get to US18 while traveling North on US52! Beware of crazed prairie chickens fleeing WI!! I would recommend a bag of cheese puffs hanging from your rear bumper, they hate cheese! (hence the fleeing)

2nd potential issue is that Decorah's population consists of approx. 8200 Citizens of whom 34.0% are Norwegian, 30.3% German, 5.4% English and 5.2% Irish ancestry. The English should not be too much of an issue as the Irish will be harrassing them, but the Norskie's.... well if 34% of the line is cooking up Lutefisk for their lunch wholly schnike!! While it will keep mosquito's away, it has a tendency to draw in cats...

And last but not least, Decorah IA was named for Waukon Decorah, a Winnebago leader who was a U.S. ally during the Black Hawk War of 1832 and whose people were subsequently forced out of Wisconsin into northeast Iowa....... Two things to think about here... With the Chicago Blackhawks in the Playoffs, there may be some minor hostilities. I would suggest covering your Stanley Cup Champions bumper sticker. Secondly, I'm concerned with the fact that they were "forced out of Wisconsin".... that's just plain crazy talk there. ++) I would think that if the roads were not marked so goofy in Wisconsin, they would have found there on way out! O0

Now lets get back to filling those two lines!! &) &) &)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

OutaAmmo

Quote from: Garand69 on April 26, 2011, 09:25:06 AM

I knew we had a Patriotic Illinoisan amongst the bunch!! You have to be quick if your bringing family and friends to Ottawa on Sunday DJ!! We only have about 25 spots left!! Don't forget ALL ATTENDEES WHO SIGN ON FOR AN APPLESEED SHOOT AT OTTAWA RECEIVE AN RWVA MEMBERSHIP FOR FREE!!!!!!! Of course an R.O.C. goes along with that membership, so you shoot FREE until you score Rifleman or your Membership Expires!!!!

Now lets get back to filling those two lines!! &) &) &)

If you would check the working schedule you will find my name on there.  I will be bringing one new shooter.

OutaAmmo

dugjeep

I am a now show for this weekend but will be for sure at waterman next weekend

dugjeep

dragonfly

Looks like a great range, here is a link for more info http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21292.0  Get thee to an Appleseed this weekend wherever you may be  :~

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.