News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Gibsonburg April 23-24 2011

Started by posterboy, April 24, 2011, 08:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

posterboy

Hey just got back....awesome weekend ( except if you were a peep  >:D). I will be posting more later but I'd thought I get the ball rolling here....

Huzzah

pb

badelve

What a great weekend! I think the 3 first time shooters that came with us Saturday will be back.
    Thank you to all for coaching my wife & daughters.

Half Cock

best joke of the weekend was deffinatly "i need to lose a few minutes of angle."
had awesome time shooting at the 300 yard steal my little .22  :---

posterboy

Ah an Easter appleseed....

I am grateful for all that came out for all or part of the weekend ! Saturday had 13 eagar appleseeders enjoying the day of Marksmanship and Heritage as well as some nice spring weather on Saturday. IIT badelve scooped up his whole family minus dogs to come shoot ( Huzzah Marilyn for giving it go and persisting  O0) Mo'gun the eldest daughter managed to 7th step two more shooters to come so huzzah to that !  Groups improved as we went through the appleseed paces and smiles began to widen as groups shrank...hmm an interesting paradox  ! By the end of saturday we had one repeat rifleman Unforgiven, and one new one ! Raygun ! congrats guys. there also a few more knocking ever so close ...Jim...a 200 IS painful lol I'm sorry you couldn't make it back on Sunday but I'm sure we'll see you and ed again ! .Tom ....wow you were shooting great as well please come and bring your wife with you next time and I am sure there is a 210 in your near future as well ! Michael...ok kid you can shoot and your little brother isn't too bad either  O0. Karen come again too!! you'll see it gets easier !

Sunday was Easter and we had a smaller group. The best part of it though was the time that permitted us to abuse steel at distance both at 300 and 500 yrds ! on to the pics.

1/4 mile...we have it and use it a Gibsonburg..target is white plate to the right

Mo'gun abusing the steel

The first Lamson peep officer star challenge. I made them do jumping jacks before the shooting started  >:D

peep officer....way to go

team youth Half Cock and Mo' gun put forth a valiant effort ....

but the DOM Unforgiven and Raygun won.....

Part of Sunday group and the steel that was abused at a 1/4 mile

Riflemen Unforgiven and Raygun

Thanks to all the participants and to the awesome instruction...you guys and gals were fantastic ! Spanner thanks for making the Journey up north you are welcome in the Black Swamp anytime !

see you soon

PB

unforgiven1203

what a great shoot! I'm very glad that I went to this one! thanks to all the instructors and lisa for their dedication(the food was great). It was great meeting and shooting with all of you.  Thanks to Posterboy, half cock and Bad elve for letting me shoot your rifles. I must say that this club that hosted the shhot is awesome! I would join in a minute if I lived closer.I cant wait to do it again.
take it easy, Darwyn

Raygun

Had a great weekend attending my first Appleseed Project. Enjoyed the people, shooting and the food was awesome. (thanks Lisa) I will definitely be back with some friends, and when my wife (bowchik) has some some time off from her archery tournaments I will bring her too. It will be fun to see if she is as good with a gun as she is with a bow!  :) Great thanks to the club for hosting such a nice event!!!!  O0

posterboy

Glad you came ! nice name btw 8)

Bring your wife back next time ! I am sure those skills will translate well !

pb