News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento CA AAR April 16-17 2011

Started by BaldDragn, April 18, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldDragn

Great weather, 30 shooters both days, 5 new riflemen, 2 new IITs, 1 great Apleseed!
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

BaldDragn

This is sort of an After the AAR

I was grateful that when I arrived home on Sunday night I found a message on my phone from a student of last years April event. Randy had brought his wife and daughter and they had really put their hearts into the weekend event.

Last week a felon was loose in Randy's daughter's Washington state neighborhood and the felon approached her house. As soon as she had heard about the felon she had armed herself and gave her sister-in-law a quick lesson on how to use the other rifle in the house. They were prepared, and when the felon found he was facing people that knew how to defend themselves he decided to go elsewhere. The felon was caught soon after running from the house, soon enough to save the lives of others but it might have been to late for Randy's daughter and grandchildren.

Randy informed me that he is sure that what all of us did last year saved the lives of his children and grandchildren this year, and he relayed his, and his daughter's gratitude for our efforts and Appleseed.

I started on this path to save my own family, I'm humbled to think it may have helped save another's.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

jmirel2

First attempt to post a picture. Got a bunch.
Rifle lubed, bore cleaned, sights zeroed.

jmirel2

more pictures

jmirel2

still more...

jmirel2

File sizes too large, only can post a few at a time.

jmirel2

My post count is gonna be huge by the time i get all these up!

jmirel2

few more

Scott1600

Great Appleseed!  Thanks to all the instructors!  Thanks for the pix JMirel, great job!  Hope to see you guys again sometime in the future!
"Objects of the most stupendous magnitude, and measure in which the lives and liberties of millions yet unborn are intimately interested, are now before us. We are in the very midst of a revolution the most complete, unexpected and remarkable of any in the history of nations." -John Adams, July 3, 1776.