News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NYSRPA & PROJECT APPLESEED PARTNERSHIP!

Started by VietVet, April 23, 2011, 12:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietVet

Just published in the May 2011 issue of "The Bullet"....

This is an official press release statement informing the public that NYSRPA & Project Appleseed are merging a partnership. This alliance combines the oldest & strongest 2nd Amendment organization NYSRPA with the efforts of "Project Appleseed", a rifleman course designed by "The Revolutionary War Veterans Association" (RWVA). The rifleman course is a two day rifle marksmanship program that is intended to awaken the spirit of liberty and personal responsibility in the heart and mind of the American Citizen. By reconnecting with the events of April 19th 1775, "Project Appleseed" intends to invoke the American Rifleman in all of us; men, women and children. RWVA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit teaching organization.

At an Appleseed weekend you will learn; American History; rifle safety; the six steps of firing the shot; natural point of aim; steady hold factors; shooting positions; sling use; breathing cadence; finger control; shot group analysis; and minutes of angle in relationship to distance.

For more information on attending an Appleseed Project event please go to http://www.appleseedinfo.org for a complete listing of locations and dates.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

B9

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Odin

This is good news.

From a pratical side:

Does anyone know how this partnership will play out?  In other words are they going to start promoting us and should we start promoting them at appleseeds?
Deluce Bellum Inexpertis (sweet is war to those who have never experienced it) - Roman Proverb

"Of his knowledge a man should never boast, but be sparing in his speech.  When to his house a wiser man comes, seldom do the silent make mistakes" - Havamal

"To ask well and answer rightly are the marks of a wise man" - Havamal

VietVet

Let's go out on a limb a little here.
I doubt very much that the NYSRPA just did this without the RWVA having some knowledge and input.

Someone in the RWVA must have some further info on this decision.
Also on how we'll handle this.

Anyone?
                                    OUR

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: VietVet on April 23, 2011, 05:58:40 PMLet's go out on a limb a little here.
I doubt very much that the NYSRPA just did this without the RWVA having some knowledge and input.

Someone in the RWVA must have some further info on this decision.
Also on how we'll handle this.

Anyone?
Funny you should think that...

Nick mentioned to me a few weeks ago that he had drafted a press release which he forwarded to our contact, Joe DeBergelis.  In my previous conversations with Joe, he indicated he would have the NYSRPA press relations people draft a press release, which he would then forward to me so that I could have the RWVA press relations people take a look and either approve or suggest changes.  I was led to believe that nothing would go to press before the RWVA was given a chance to look at it first.

This did not happen.  The fact that this press release has been published in the Bullet is a complete surprise to me, and probably to everyone else in the RWVA or Appleseed.

As it stands now, we have been promoting the NYSRPA at our Appleseed events in NY since January of this year - the NYSRPA provided us with a two-sided glossy B&W promo flier, promoting Project Appleseed on one side and providing a membership application to the NYSRPA on the other.  I'm rather surprised that the folks who have commented here have not seen this flier, since I've sent them to every SB in NY and requested that they make these fliers available to all Appleseed instructors and attendees at their shoots, and if possible mention them during the weekend events.

There have been several offers made by Joe DeBergalis regarding promotional opportunities for Appleseed.  Among others, he has suggested that we might submit articles about our program for monthly publication in The Bullet; and he has also offered to 'break the ice' for us with NYSRPA-affiliated ranges and clubs in geographical areas of our choosing.  The one person who I've contacted regarding the writing of articles responded that they 'wouldn't know what to write', and I've heard nothing further.  Regarding the introduction of Appleseed to affiliated ranges, I've indicated to Joe on two occasions that we would very much like to speak with Rochester Brooks or any other range(s) in the Rochester area.  To date I've not received a followup.

That about covers what info I have.  Just remember, this relationship between the RWVA and the NYSRPA will take some time to mature - nothing of this nature is going to flourish overnight.  This press release is a huge step in the right direction.  Finding an Appleseed volunteer (or group of them) to take on the task of writing articles for The Bullet will be yet another.

So - anyone interested?
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

R1SGx2

It's a no money investment.
I've handed out these flyers at the last to AS at Saratoga in the departing packets. Did not make mention of them (NYSRPA) in Benediction, only RWVA, BUT none the less they were handed out.
With luck and this nod range gates will be opened.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: R1sgx2 on April 23, 2011, 11:45:31 PMIt's a no money investment.
I've handed out these flyers at the last to AS at Saratoga in the departing packets. Did not make mention of them (NYSRPA) in Benediction, only RWVA, BUT none the less they were handed out.
With luck and this nod range gates will be opened.
Precisely!
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

LittleMo

Quote from: VietVet on April 23, 2011, 12:58:27 PM
O0

Emailed this press release to my contact at Schenectady's The Daily Gazette and to a contact at Albany's Times-Union.

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

vernic82

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on April 23, 2011, 09:51:40 PM
......a few weeks ago that he had drafted a press release which he forwarded to our contact

Any chance I could get a copy if this press release?  I have some contacts at the CSRRA the NYSRPA's equivalent here in CT I would like to try and get something like this too them and perhaps it would save reinventing the wheel.

Thanks,

v82
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

LittleMo

Has anyone scanned this article from The Bullet? If so, could one post it here or email it to me?

Gary

VietVet

Quote from: LittleMo on April 26, 2011, 03:59:57 AM

Has anyone scanned this article from The Bullet? If so, could one post it here or email it to me?

Gary

I'll scan it and post it here this evening.
                                    OUR

VietVet

Here is the Article.
Not sure how it will hold up quality wise.....
                                    OUR

Another D.O.M.

kDan

I handed out all my double-sided fliers although I'm still unclear about what it all means.  I know it's good.

I'd be happy to write a piece.  I know exactly what to write.  PM me about this Mark if you want to.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

LittleMo

VietVet,

Thanks for scanning this! It looks good and it will be used for some promotions.

Gary

Josey Wales

..I did this press release......

..this is the original format below..

..sorry for the surprise everyone, I was just trying to get stuff done..    enjoy............

............Strength & Honor...............Josey Wales...................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Odin

No need to be sorry, this was a good surprise Nick.  I'm amazed that you found time to do this.
Deluce Bellum Inexpertis (sweet is war to those who have never experienced it) - Roman Proverb

"Of his knowledge a man should never boast, but be sparing in his speech.  When to his house a wiser man comes, seldom do the silent make mistakes" - Havamal

"To ask well and answer rightly are the marks of a wise man" - Havamal

VietVet

Quote from: Odin on April 28, 2011, 08:10:44 PM
No need to be sorry, this was a good surprise Nick.  I'm amazed that you found time to do this.

Totally agreed with that.

Carry on Nick. Please do. You are doing so much for the Program.

An apology from you is NOT at all necessary.
A Thank You from US is.

So.....Thanks for all you do and will continue to do.
                                    OUR

R1SGx2

Josey,

You Da Man,
Thanx for all you do....
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: VietVet on April 29, 2011, 07:53:36 AM
Quote from: Odin on April 28, 2011, 08:10:44 PM

Totally agreed with that.

Carry on Nick. Please do. You are doing so much for the Program.

An apology from you is NOT at all necessary.
A Thank You from US is.

So.....Thanks for all you do and will continue to do.
Indeed!

kDan

Has this press release been removed?  I can't find it.

Is it still relevant?  Nick or somebody, could you send me a copy?

rwva.nyc@gmail.com

Nice work, Nick.  Way to take the initiative.  You are doing great work and I'd love to see what you came up with.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

LittleMo

kDan,

I'll email you what I have downloaded.

Gary