News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

new baby

Started by thursday, April 22, 2011, 05:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thursday

Carrie had our baby April 20, 11 pounds 7 ounces.  We named him Arthur Warren.  He and his mother are both recovering well.
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

Western Rose

Congratulations!!!  O0 8) ^:)^
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Brumley Dog

Chester -

That is one big baby! Congratulatitions  O0

Funny, I've been working on a rifle designed for infants. I should have a prototype ready by the Bowling Green shoot. Bring Arthur.

BD

AFTERMATH

Congratulations! 
Glad to hear all is well!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Bill 3

Congratulations!

Please give me best wishes to mother and child.
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

Aromatic

Congratulations!   :~

jmdavis

Congratulations and that baby is more than 2x my birthweight. WOW!!!
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Cooper

Congratulations, all!!
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

nemohunter

congrats to all. glad mother and child are doing fine the AS flock continues to grow.
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

Restless

Awesome!

Congrats Thursday!
"We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies

TruTenacity

Congratulations!  Picture(s) please.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Evenstar

Congratulations! Ditto TruT: pictures??? :D
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Longshot

Dude,

BIG baby!

Congrats from KR and EEL.  How soon do you want the Mini-bolt?   O0

KR
" In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain..?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."  Jeff Co

nyrasgt

Well done.
Suggest candidate for youngest Life Member of the RWVA...does Riflewoman have a size zero knit blue Applecore hat? (and if not, why not?)
   Fred's always been The Godfather...hereby place his name in nomination for the post for real...
  Just a thought.
Happy day...now you can start saving for the 5.6 million dollars for college tuition for the class of 2032...unless the nomination to one of the service academies comes through...
Excelsior,
madMark

Enough of this wasteful, time-consuming happiness and rejoicing...everyone back to work...
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Evenstar

'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Jungle George

Congratulations Chester,   ^:)^  Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

Garand69

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Pappy

That is great news,  :) O0
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

SkyHawk

Great Pic! Congratulations!
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

Ishy

Congratulations!!!  ;)
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

Greg in MO

Chester,

Congrats to you and your family!  You better treat your wife well after she had to carry around a baby that big!

Greg

GoldFish

Congratualtions!

Quote from: Longshot on April 22, 2011, 11:31:08 PM
How soon do you want the Mini-bolt?   O0

With a baby that big, it shouldn't be too long!  Heck, he might need to start on something a bit bigger.

Really though, I'm glad to hear that you're all doing well. ;)
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

hangfire

Congratulations

Nothing like given them a head start.

Good luck with the grocery bill.

Celt

Well Congratulations buddy!! That's awesome. And on the 20th of April that's a great day for a child to be born into an appleseeding family.  A child born out of the fire of the American Revaluation.   Ian

The greatest gift that God could send He sends with love to you. A sweet and helpless baby boy an obligation too.

Each baby boy God gives to us is merely lent awhile to cherish, love, protect and guard from every snare and wile.

To form within his childish heart His image good and true. God bless this newborn baby boy and may He bless you too!
A Hessian captain (one of the 30,000 German mercenaries used by England) wrote in 1778, "Call this war by whatever name you may, only call it not an American rebellion; it is nothing more or less than a Scots-Irish Presbyterian rebellion."

"I need not take much pains to show, that the principles of this system, are extremely pernicious, impolitic, and dangerous. Here is a revolution as radical as that which separated us from Great Britain."  "I Smell A Rat!"  Patrick Henry

"Because they transgressed My covenant, And against My law they have rebelled... They have made kings, and not by Me, They have made princes, and I knew it not"  Hosea 8:1 and 4
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance."  Psalms 33:12

FreeCelt

Congratulations!!!

*whistled about he weight* I would have been even more impressed but he falls in third for the biggest baby I've heard of in the last two months :P. Yay for midwives!

He shares his birthday with David Brainerd and me :D

Blessings on the journey that's just begone.
Though the cause of evil prosper, yet the truth alone is strong;
Though her portion be the scaffold, and upon the throne be wrong;
Yet that scaffold sways the future, and behind the dim unknown,
Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above His own.

tittiger

Congratulations Chester! What a  great day to be born.

Sounds like he  soon will be big enough  to hold that bolt gun. 
"It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its government."
~ Thomas Paine

smle

Chester,
O0, nice pic's
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

ErikAnderson

Congratulations Chester!  Glad to hear that you and yours are doing well! O0