News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CPR/AED/Trauma First Aid class on 5/29 in NY

Started by dwarven1, April 20, 2011, 07:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarven1

Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

voidoid

FYI, the AHA course certification is good for TWO YEARS, unlike the Red Cross courses, which are only good for one.  Relevant if you need this for a job. 
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington

mike93lx

Thanks for the heads up.  Unfortunately that is a 3+ hour drive from central MA and longer than I'd want to drive if I can avoid it.  I couldn't find anything on the American Heart Associations site about closer courses, but the American Red Cross has classes all the time all over the area.

ARC courses are $50-65 for CPR/AED and $50-60 for Standard First Aid.  If anyone comes across info on a local AHA course, please let us know.

voidoid

My recommendation:

AHA's "Heartsaver First Aid with CPR and AED."  You'll learn Basic First Aid, CPR and AED, as well as how to deal with pregnant women, infants and elderly. 

MA course listing for this class:
http://www.americanheart.org/templates/courses.jsp?_requestid=23859880

I took the class through Northeast CPR at:
http://www.northeastcpr.com/

It is well worth your time and money. 
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington

nyrasgt

VV,
   Pretty much what we'll have in NY; just adding some AS-specific trauma responses...trying to schedule Hudson Falls Fish and Game for a  later Sunday in June...and, at $10 each, leaves you $50 to spend on ammunition...understand that folks (at least, other than Appleseed instructors) have to be paid for their time, but I have an incredibly foolish paramedic who just wants everyone to have a CPR card in their wallets, and charges mainly for that $4 card...+ $6...
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Spartan

Madmark,
What are the dates again for your CPR/1st aide and the NRA  Pistol course?
"With your shield or on it"