News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

...New York: Hear He Hear He has a new Red Hat

Started by R1SGx2, April 20, 2011, 08:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R1SGx2

Welcome New Red Hat Sureshot to the Instructor Corps.
Dan dug into the program over 2 years ago at his first shoot and hasn't stopped.
Those at Saratoga this past weekend April 16 / 17 got to see and touch his Brown Bess that was actually used in the Revolutionary War. Nice find.

Across the State and Northeast, Team Northeast, we got something going on here.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

spined

Congratulations Sureshot and thanks for a great weekend!!

Dina
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country." - John Adams

dakota30

^:)^   ^:)^  CONGRATULATIONS DAN!!!   I know you earned that Red Hat.  We have a great team of Bosses, and Instructors that really help us along the trail,  help us be the best IIT's & instructors we can be.   Hats don't just get tossed around here in NY......   The spoken, & sometimes unspoken goal, is to build a superior  TEAM NORTHEAST!! And with you being the latest addition, moving up to a FULL Red Hat Instructor, that goal has been met yet again by our great group of mentors!  Again.... GREAT JOB SURESHOT!    ^:)^   ^:)^

Michele - Dakota30

Dinky Dao

What?? NO picture??! Where the pic of him being Red Hatted???! LOL!

Congrats, Sureshot, and welcome to the red club.  O0

Dinky
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

sureshot

Thank you all, very humbling weekend. Time has gone by quickly since my first Appleseed in 09, but isn't that the case with anything were passionate about? As many of you know I took the scenic tour getting my rifleman and have been hooked ever since. I can think of no better way of paying tribute to those early brave colonists than to be instilling and teaching one of their most cherished skills... marksmanship. The skill that instills the confidence that when all else has failed they were empowered and capable of defending their way of life.
If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!

"They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about" Gen Hugh Percy

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"

LittleMo

Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Dinky Dao on April 20, 2011, 10:50:43 AM
Well, I hope someone else took a picture, 'cause that was after the camera batteries died completely - we have none.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

VietVet

Congrats Dan!

Team Northeast continues to grow and improve.
Welcome to the Red Hat family.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Ratchett

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Odin

Congrats on attaining the red hat.

Two new red hats in NY, and both given to someone named Dan, both started with Appleseed in 2009.  I wonder what the odds are of that.
Deluce Bellum Inexpertis (sweet is war to those who have never experienced it) - Roman Proverb

"Of his knowledge a man should never boast, but be sparing in his speech.  When to his house a wiser man comes, seldom do the silent make mistakes" - Havamal

"To ask well and answer rightly are the marks of a wise man" - Havamal

sgtrock

Gregch44

Go big or stay home!

LittleMo

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on April 20, 2011, 12:52:10 PM
Quote from: Dinky Dao on April 20, 2011, 10:50:43 AM
Well, I hope someone else took a picture, 'cause that was after the camera batteries died completely - we have none.
The picture I took didn't come out.   :(

I did post some pics on the AAR for Saratoga.

Gary

Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

The Mrs.

Congrats Dan.

Hard work and perseverance payed off. 

See you on the trail.

Sue
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist