News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..AAR Winslow, NJ April 16/17, 2011..

Started by Josey Wales, April 19, 2011, 01:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..With each new day I try and believe that Project Appleseed is making a difference.  With each new day I reaffirm the hope inside my mind, heart & soul that my fellow country men will come together for the cause of Liberty. 

..Her sweet smell, Liberty;  lingering in the distance.  Close enough to imagine, close enough to sense.  Is she real?  Can you reach out and grasp for her when you need her most?  Will she be there for you, for your family?..  Is she that pillar of strength you had always thought of her as, or is she just a mirage?  Could it be, that when you need her, and reach for her hand to guide you and your country through the tuffest of times, Lady Liberty will no longer be there.  When called upon to test her strength, to test her her endurance, will she still have legs to stand on?  Only left will be an empty image, an empty cut out of what once was. When you ask where she has gone, you will hear the voice in your subconscious mind tell you that "You were never there for her."..  That you and the body of the Republic were drunk with good times, that laziness and apathy ruled the land for enough time for it all to slip away.  That during the good times a thief in the night had come and raped our Lady Liberty and left only her lifeless corps.  From a distance it seemed she was still there, but when we called upon her we learn the truth, we had forgotten to take care of her.  The Republic had forgotten to hold her close and nurture her daily.  To take care and protect her. 
..Oh, that sweet smell of liberty.  Picture a young child waiting on grandma's homemade apple pie, the smell from the kitchen incites the hunger, a hunger and anticipation for something very special.  Only her homemade apple pie can satisfy that craving, all others would be false.
..Liberty, her call to learn.  To open the eyes and ears, a teachable attitude.  To open the heart, the mind, and the soul in order to question all things in her name, in search of the truth.  Searching deep in one's being for what one is about.  Searching out, among the history of mankind to find the origins of Liberty and those who born her concept.
..A rocky road it has been and never do I believe that there was a golden age or a special time thats gone away, but always a constant battle between Liberty and her oppressors.  So the ages continue and the struggle goes on.........   

..Thank you to Winslow, NJ..  ..Thank you to South Jersey Shooting Club..
..Thank you to Stevepelle91, to Big Rob..  ..Thank you to the patrons of our event who took the time from their busy lives to come and gather and share and learn.  Together we were, and it was a good weekend, for us, for our future posterity, for our liberty..

..After Action Report..
  We arrived on Friday and set up the range.  Getting ready for such a special event so close to our Patriots Day, April 19th, we were in anticipation for a glorious weekend.
  The weather was typical for the month of April and the patrons were dedicated and tuff.   
  Through the shooting I saw great improvement in groups and understanding of the art of The Rifleman.  Congratulations to our new Riflemen, Chuck B. AQT 231,  Kai-lan C. AQT 211,  Daniel Y. AQT 215,  Chuck F. AQT 2??.  Jacob and Matthew D. young men who were excellent students and made great progress through the weekend.  Lucas our 11 year old who received the Young Patriot Patch, keep up the good work..
  To the rest of the men who shot on the line, great job and I hope to see you all again soon.  Please remember to always be the best you can be.  I enjoyed being in your company and felt honored to teach such good Americans..

............Strength & Honor..................Josey Wales.........................................
..Pictures to follow..

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Another D.O.M.

You folks did an outstanding job at this event, the second in NJ this year.  Thanks for your hard work and dedication, and thanks for your commitment to saving our nation!

Steve & Rob - I haven't yet met or worked with you fellows, but Nick tells me it's my loss.  Thanks for stepping up to work this event with Nick - I know all three of you have made a lasting impression on the students you instructed this weekend.

And Nick - a special thanks to you for enduring the 45-minute wait at the GWB toll booths on the way home Sunday, only to find that all six E-ZPass lanes were completely empty.  If patience is a virtue, you've got to be a saint.

Nice job to you all!
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

VietVet

Great job guys.

JW, stevepelle91 and BigRob are proof that the "Calverton Crew" has crossed the river and has now got a firm grip into yet another State.
Boarder Raiders? NO!

They just extended the NY territory.

"Team Northeast" moving South!!!

Congrats on a job well done!

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Dakota

Great Job Guys!
I hope to get out and work another event there this year, the South Jersey Shooting Club is like Club Med compared to Calverton!
Anyone in Jersey looking for a great event, take the ride and see what happens when people who care about 2A get together.
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

dwarven1

I'm all excited... I ran the first NJ shoot in 2009, couldn't get back there last year... now I've missed the first two this year.

In June, though... I'm coming home! I'll see you guys in June in Winslow.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Josey Wales

pictures

sgtrock

Hey Nick!!!!!!!!!!!  Awesome words there my friend,,,, I can't wait for the Indian Lake Shoot to work with you again, Nice job in Jersey,,,,

Paved range!!!! that is to nice or maybe not,,,, hard to get pockets set for the elbows, but sometimes its not so bad,,, makes you do the right things like the ,,, Steady Hold Factors, not a bad idea after all,,,,

Great Job and Great Set Up for your shoot,,,,

sgtrock

Odin

Josey (Nick), great to see how much progress you are making in NJ, your efforts certainly have yielded impressive results.  Hope all your work in NJ doesn't keep you away from B Flats in the future.

thank you South Jersey Shooting Club for allowing appleseed to come to your range.
Deluce Bellum Inexpertis (sweet is war to those who have never experienced it) - Roman Proverb

"Of his knowledge a man should never boast, but be sparing in his speech.  When to his house a wiser man comes, seldom do the silent make mistakes" - Havamal

"To ask well and answer rightly are the marks of a wise man" - Havamal

kDan

New Jersey!  Whoop Whoop!

I don't know what else to say but thanks JW for bringing Appleseed back to New Jersey!!!  And this time for good.  Now here's another place chock full of folks wantin', yes needin' Appleseed even if they don't know it yet.  And who amongst us knew we needed it before we found it. 

Keep it up New Jersey!  Keep it up Josey Wales!  You know what to do and how to do it, brother.  We miss you at Calverton, but I'm sure we can drag you back somehow.  You'll be there for the sleep-over I'm sure.  Two hundred over the cars.  We'll explain later.

Stevepelle91 and BigRob were there right along with you.  Thanks, guys.  You should be able to pull people from VA and PA as well as NY and the Garden State.  After all, this is a National Program right?

Our cup runneth over.  Unfortunately we need buckets!

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

R1SGx2

Nick, you did it again, your name should be Mr. Smoothie...

Such a nice range.

Congrats to all those who got to shoot with you. Thumbs up to all... O0 O0

We have Upstate New York, now New York South....

"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

B9

Great job Instructors and shooters.

"Mr.Grim" if Nick does not start smiling in the pictures.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Another D.O.M.

He IS smiling - you just can't see it for all the whiskers.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

nyrasgt

Nick/JW et. al.,
  Extremely nicely done.  Suggest AS needs at least one range in central and northern NJ for balance (Bernardsville?
Morristown? Ho-ho-kus? Clarkstown?).
   Nick - hope you saw your quote used by Fred to head his SGN column a few times last month...nniiiicccceeee!
  See you in 2 wks @ DB, Lake George, and/or Hudson Falls...dunno if Indian Lake will be doable - may be back training new fish at the track by then...
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Josey Wales

..a grim or a frown  :(  is really a grin ;D or a smile  :) that is upsidedown..

sgtrock

I know Josey Wales

That Look,,,, is his,,,, Proud Look,,,, Keep up the Great work my Friend

sgtrock

CharlieHotel

Awesome heart-felt Lament, Nick... I feel ya Brother... Let's make those words fiction!

BTW... Nick is a smilin on the inside kinda guy... I believe.

CH

Quote from: Josey Wales on April 19, 2011, 01:36:35 PM
..With each new day I try and believe that Project Appleseed is making a difference.  With each new day I reaffirm the hope inside my mind, heart & soul that my fellow country men will come together for the cause of Liberty. 

..Her sweet smell, Liberty;  lingering in the distance.  Close enough to imagine, close enough to sense.  Is she real?  Can you reach out and grasp for her when you need her most?  Will she be there for you, for your family?..  Is she that pillar of strength you had always thought of her as, or is she just a mirage?  Could it be, that when you need her, and reach for her hand to guide you and your country through the tuffest of times, Lady Liberty will no longer be there.  When called upon to test her strength, to test her her endurance, will she still have legs to stand on?  Only left will be an empty image, an empty cut out of what once was. When you ask where she has gone, you will hear the voice in your subconscious mind tell you that "You were never there for her."..  That you and the body of the Republic were drunk with good times, that laziness and apathy ruled the land for enough time for it all to slip away.  That during the good times a thief in the night had come and raped our Lady Liberty and left only her lifeless corps.  From a distance it seemed she was still there, but when we called upon her we learn the truth, we had forgotten to take care of her.  The Republic had forgotten to hold her close and nurture her daily.  To take care and protect her. 
..Oh, that sweet smell of liberty.  Picture a young child waiting on grandma's homemade apple pie, the smell from the kitchen incites the hunger, a hunger and anticipation for something very special.  Only her homemade apple pie can satisfy that craving, all others would be false.
..Liberty, her call to learn.  To open the eyes and ears, a teachable attitude.  To open the heart, the mind, and the soul in order to question all things in her name, in search of the truth.  Searching deep in one's being for what one is about.  Searching out, among the history of mankind to find the origins of Liberty and those who born her concept.
..A rocky road it has been and never do I believe that there was a golden age or a special time thats gone away, but always a constant battle between Liberty and her oppressors.  So the ages continue and the struggle goes on.........   

..Thank you to Winslow, NJ..  ..Thank you to South Jersey Shooting Club..
..Thank you to Stevepelle91, to Big Rob..  ..Thank you to the patrons of our event who took the time from their busy lives to come and gather and share and learn.  Together we were, and it was a good weekend, for us, for our future posterity, for our liberty..

..After Action Report..
  We arrived on Friday and set up the range.  Getting ready for such a special event so close to our Patriots Day, April 19th, we were in anticipation for a glorious weekend.
  The weather was typical for the month of April and the patrons were dedicated and tuff.   
  Through the shooting I saw great improvement in groups and understanding of the art of The Rifleman.  Congratulations to our new Riflemen, Chuck B. AQT 231,  Kai-lan C. AQT 211,  Daniel Y. AQT 215,  Chuck F. AQT 2??.  Jacob and Matthew D. young men who were excellent students and made great progress through the weekend.  Lucas our 11 year old who received the Young Patriot Patch, keep up the good work..
  To the rest of the men who shot on the line, great job and I hope to see you all again soon.  Please remember to always be the best you can be.  I enjoyed being in your company and felt honored to teach such good Americans..

............Strength & Honor..................Josey Wales.........................................
..Pictures to follow..
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13