News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR DFW Quail Creek, TX April 16-17, 2011

Started by doubleLL, April 19, 2011, 12:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubleLL

We had a fantastic event at Quail Creek. The event sold out about 2 months in advance and I received many e-mails about cancellations. We had a full line both days with only 1 no show but several walk-ons. Charles_W started of the day with a fantastic first strike. I received several comments from the shooters that they really enjoy hearing the history.

The shooters were top notch and I want to personally thank them for coming out and sharing this weekend with us. We had several folks who had been to an Appleseed before and we had some new shooters.
     We had one rifleman on Saturday and his wife was knocking at the door with a score of 200.  The red coat targets demonstrated the improvement made by everyone. We only had 1 person clear the target on Saturday, and on Sunday we had everyone shooting at 200 yards and many folks in the 300 and 400 silhouettes. 
   Sunday we had 3 more riflemen all of whom worked hard to get the coveted patch. Our last rifleman was actually a riflewoman.  O0
I know this shooter well since she is the wife of one of our DFW instructors. She attended her first Appleseed in March. I know she had many obstacles and frustrations to overcome and she persevered through all of them. Her husband set up a place so she could practice in her back yard. They live in town in a sub division. He set her up with an air rifle and special .22 ammo so she could practice. Upon receiving her patch she replied she didn't want to be a cook!!  I found out this morning that she even out shot her husband's score!   :---   :---   :---

Special thanks to Scarecrow and Ashrn03 for making the trek to DFW. The event wouldn't have been possible without you. Charles, as always it was a joy to work with you again. Thanks for all your promotional help in the area and showing why the DFW area instructor corps are some of the best around!
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

charles_w

What a great event!  Let me echo Lauren's comment about the shooters being top notch.  It was a genuine pleasure to work with them, and I look forward to seeing them again.  In addition to the new riflemen who distinguished themselves this weekend, I expect that several more will claim the patch at their next event. 

There were several kids and youth there this weekend, and I have to say that I have not seen a more focused, attentive, and safety-conscious group.  One of the youth was new to shooting and learned the operation of the 10/22 for the first time.  She listened carefully and was very soon operating the rifle as if she had been shooting for years!  Her mom was in a similar situation and also soaked up the information quickly. 

To the shooters who attended this weekend -- thank you for a great event.  I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Lauren -- you run a good Appleseed and, as always, I enjoyed working with you.

Will -- it was good to meet you and work with you.

Paul -- it was good to see you again and work with you.

Scarecrow

Some pics from my camera.