News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

16-17APR2011 Osage Shoot - Thanks and Well Done!

Started by cthulhufan, April 18, 2011, 10:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhufan

I wanted to let you folks know what a fantastic job you did with this shoot.  This was my first Appleseed and I don't think I could have had a better experience.  I want to say thanks for many things but, first things first, I need to point out how impressed I was with your concern for SAFETY.  You folks were on it and I was not uncomfortable in the least shooting next to a full line of complete strangers.  I go by the typical four rules but yours worked just as well and you were SERIOUS about it.  GREAT JOB!

Next is a big thanks to the land owner and then all of the other volunteers for making this happen, you all were a fantastic crew and your efforts are appreciated.

I came there to learn and that's exactly what I did.  You folks gave me many things to practice, learn and appreciate and I will be continuing that all the way up until my next Appleseed event (I hope to do the week long event in October).

I have many questions still (why the heck is my rifle canted half the time when I open my eyes while doing the NPOA excercise??!!!??) and I hope you don't mind me asking them here as I progress my training this spring and summer.

I didn't walk away with my patch and I really don't care; this is the first time I've ever looked down my rifle and had the sight moving straight up and down without using a bag or a rest.  You have no idea how good that made me feel.  I had no idea I could do that and combine that with NPOA when I get that down and just wow...

Great work, it was a LOT of fun and I will try to get more friends to come down to the next event!

--James

nemohunter

James i'm glad you had you had a good time. Cant wait to see ya at Boot camp.

the rifle canting has to do with your sling tension most likely.
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

Restless

Thanks for coming James!

I very much look forward to seeing you at the RBC in October.

Derek
"We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies

Brumley Dog

Thanks for the positive feedback! Last weekend in Brumley was a watershed moment for Missouri. Five rifleman and three new instructors is pretty amazing, but I have a feeling most of the people there will be one or the other before this is over. Awesome group, awesome progress and plenty of new blood.

BD

EEL

Thought this e-mail would be nice to see here:

Subject: Great Weekend

KR,

Just wanted to say that I had a great weekend and wanted to thank all of the instructors for their help and patience with us.  Also want to give a big thanks to our gracious host Thor for his hospitolity and Eon for letting me borrow his sling.  We all know the real goal here and I really think you sent us all home with the right message.  The history lessons were very moving part of that message.  Hopefully, I can fulfill my part by bringing others to Appleseed.  I will definitely attend more (closer to home) after I recover but I would love to come down and see you guys again.

God Bless,
Rich Stout

P.S.  I really miss my bipod.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Nice job MO crew!!!  :bow:

Glad to have y'all as neighbors.

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

POP

Nice job MO crew!!!   :bow:  O0
Glad to have y'all as neighbors.
EEL

I thought the same thing, EEL, when I read KR's post on the other thread.
You MO Instructors are top notch  ;)

POP

PS:  Ya'll are still and always invited to Texas.  We're having a BIG shindig at the Atlanta, TX range over Father's Day weekend.  You Osage Beach guys will fit right in ... promise.  Its located just 30-45 minutes SW Texarkana ... so its not all that far.  Give it some thought.  We'd love to have you. 

AAR Atlanta TX Link  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=22136.0
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)