News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ridgecrest, CA Apr 16-17

Started by DesertDog, April 18, 2011, 10:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

A fantastic weekend in the high desert of California!!

19 Young Marines made the trip to learn some old school rifle marksmanship and their heritage.  A couple of locals showed up as well.  NewMoe, NeMOe, Moose and Kool Aid rounded out the staff.  We got off to a great start, after 1st and 2nd Strike we did the Liberty Volley at 1:00 PM.  Kool Aid told about some of his experiences at Battle Road. 

The highlight of the weekend for me was when I was reviewing Fred's first 3 questions and the kids knew the answers!  It took them a little while, but they were trying so hard to get it.  I could see it their eyes and they were wracking their brains for the answers.  It gave me a hope for the future that I haven't had in a while.

We had no Rifleman, but these kids persisted and stuck it out.  It was the warmest day of the year and they ran out of gas on Sunday.  Then the Unit Leader put the in formation for the Luther Blanchard Award Ceremony.  My heart was swelling as I made my way down the line.

I would also like to thank the adults that brought the Young Marines up.  They were invaluble in helping us watching the kids and helping them manipulate their rifles and be safe.

Pic #1: The firing line

Pic #2: Ball and Dummy

Pic #3: Kool Aid working with a Young Marine on the M1A.  He had a grin that wrapped around his head!

Pic #4: Awards Ceremony
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

DesertDog

More pics of the Awards Ceremony
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Xeyed

In words and pictures this answers the question.

Why do we Appleseed?

Young Americans and others waking up to their heritage. Learning the skills of those that fought for our freedoms. And learning what it takes to become people who "who know very well what they are about"

Teaching our posterity.

John Adams is smiling  @)

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib