News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Alamogordo New Mexico 16-17 APR 2011

Started by duc-dog, April 18, 2011, 08:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duc-dog

Another fine shoot in southern NM.  I am humbled to be in the presence of fellow patriots practicing marksmanship skills and hearing the history of this great nation. Despite the wind on Sunday and the high temps for both days, ALL of the students made significant progress showing steady improvement through the two days of instruction.   We had one make the standard for "Rifleman" (on his first AQT) with several knocking at the door.  I hope to see everyone at future shoots. 
        Again, I would like to thank the instructor corps for their dedication to the mission.  Their professionalism makes any SB's job easier.     

Milt
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

oladcock

Wish we could have been there. Good on you guys!  O0..O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

JustJeff

I, as usual, had an awesome time this weekend!  I ache and I'm hoarse.... life is good.  It's always great to see folks who are "getting it" a little at a time and putting it to good use.  Congrats to our Saturday Rifleman, James, who shot his score with a rifle (10/22 w/tech-sights) borrowed from a friend!!  The syncronized volley was AWESOME!!! I don't think there was a dry eye when the COF for it was explained, and the Bloody Broadsheets were handed out.  Pictures attached in 5 volleys :D
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

JustJeff

more pics
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

JustJeff

more pics

JustJeff

Three pics of our syncronized volley. I wish I had a highspeed camera :P

JustJeff

last of the pics (from me, at least).....