News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

PCGC May 30 (KD AQT on Mon)

Started by Patent guy, April 18, 2011, 06:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patent guy

Hello all,

What is the Course of Fire for this KD AQT? 

I've read that a 300yd range is available at PCGC, so will a KD AQT include 100, 200 & 300 yard shooting in selected positions?

How many Full distance KD AQTs can we fit into this day?

How much centerfire ammo do we bring, etc?
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

MacMcM

Don't know
100-200-300-400 yds...
Don't know
Don't know

Spanner will fill us in, as he is running the FD day
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

Spanner

Quote from: Patent guy on April 18, 2011, 06:12:04 PM
Hello all,

What is the Course of Fire for this KD AQT? 

I've read that a 300yd range is available at PCGC, so will a KD AQT include 100, 200 & 300 yard shooting in selected positions?

How many Full distance KD AQTs can we fit into this day?

How much centerfire ammo do we bring, etc?

We are still swapping a few details.  200 rounds is good to have (25m zeroes, doping zeroes at 100, 200, 300, 400, and 40 per AQT.)  200 rounds would just about cover 3 AQTs.  But stay tuned.  Expect 2 AQTs, and a third if things go swimmingly, is my best guess at this time.

200 rounds in addition to whatever one uses on Saturday and Sunday.  More, of course, is not a bad idea.

Fixed firing line, targets at 100, 200, 300, 400 yards from firing line.

Standing, sitting, and, um, something something that escapes me at the moment.   ;)
" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

Chrome

Quote from: Spanner on April 20, 2011, 01:29:49 PM
200 rounds in addition to whatever one uses on Saturday and Sunday.  More, of course, is not a bad idea.

Keep in mind, the Liberty Range is rim-fire only.  So, unless you sneak over to the KD range after (or during) the event, don't expect to use much more center-fire ammo than that.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

MacMcM

Chrome is correct, Sat/Sun are rimfire on Liberty Range, Monday the 30th (Patent Guy already knows this just a clarification for others) is a FD shoot on the 400 yd range at PCGC and that will be centerfire.

Quote from: Chrome on April 21, 2011, 12:20:31 AM
Quote from: Spanner on April 20, 2011, 01:29:49 PM

Keep in mind, the Liberty Range is rim-fire only.  So, unless you sneak over to the KD range after (or during) the event, don't expect to use much more center-fire ammo than that.

Later,
Chrome...
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

brickhouse

Come to Eleanor, WV and earn the exclusive "Morgan's Crew" patch! 
One Shot. Cold barrel. 250 yards.
Any Rifle. Any Caliber.
"Morgan's Crew" or musket fodder - One shot decides!

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton Jr

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm

Patent guy

Oh yeah!  Gotta have that Morgan's Crew patch.
Okay, lets see...if I figure ballistics for my centerfire rig right...at our 100 yd range I practice a cold bore shot into a 3moa area centered at 12 oclock in the 9 ring...
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

Spanner

I guess we should remind everyone that Instructors shoot for free!   :~
" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

MacMcM

vanrichten

There are 2 people that I know will be there for at least Saturday that have not pre-registered, don't think they will be there Sunday or Monday though.
An armed and informed law-abiding citizenry is the best defense against an unjust government and the criminal element created by irresponsible societal benevolence and activist judges. - Lt. Col. Allen West