News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Augusta, Georgia April 16-17, 2011

Started by DrJohn, April 18, 2011, 02:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJohn

Georgia celebrated a very special commemoration of April 19, 1775 at Augusta, at the Pinetucky Gun Club. Saturday began with a framework of the upcoming Volley for Liberty and the usual orientation. Saturday we concentrated on developing the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship with work on the squares targets, and fired one AQT before preparing for our Volley for Liberty. Shooters were each given a copy of "Bloody British Butchery" and reactions and comments from Patriot participants, before returning to the Line and firing the 13-shot salute in unison with Appleseeders all over the country. Saturday the shooters fired one AQT for score before retiring for the day.

Sunday we reviewed the fundamentals before beginning the "AQT grind". By mid-afternoon, shooters were visibly fatigued, and during our break, we covered the April 19, 1775 "time line" by considering how our ancestors would have been faring at the same time on the day of April 19, 1775, their fatigue, thirst, apprehension, and most of all, their iron-clad determination to live in Liberty. We had a short presentation on the basics of Actual Distance marksmanship before returning for more AQT work.

We were graced with a small but extremely dedicated group of students, who had a commendable receptivity to learning new skills. There was remarkable improvement of skills by all participants, and wonderful persistence and determination. The Appleseed message of Liberty, heritage, and history was given much emphasis. Our weekend was capped by several memorable events...one of our students qualified Rifleman, one of our instructors received his Red Hat, one of our Instructors in Training received a promotion. The instructors are to be especially commended in their professionalism and dedication. Alain's recitation of the Story of April 19, 1775, Jesse's helping one student "over the hump" to qualify as Rifleman, Sean's presentation of "Liberty Evangelism", and Jerry's efficient calling of the Line and Volley for Liberty are but small examples of how they all worked together to make this a special day of commemoration.

Our students are to be commended as well. Chris, Jill, and Jesse showed great progress and willingness to persevere. Alex showed maturity and focus far beyond his age. Matthew and Michael were willing to try techniques that they had not learned in all their years of hunting and shooting, and their example was inspiring. Adam returned and continued to rise, plateau after plateau, toward his Rifleman patch. Brad re-qualified with another rifle, this one a bolt action, and young Thomas was able to put it all together and earn his patch.

It was an inspiring weekend and one that will not soon be forgotten by this correspondent. My congratulations and expressions of appreciation to all.
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

oldredtop

Thanks to Dr. John and all of the instructors.  It was great to see familiar faces and also meet some new staff.  Appleseed certainly attracts the cream of the crop.

It was our first trip to an Augusta Appleseed and it is a very nice facility.  The covered shooting area allows the shooters to focus on improving their skills and not be distracted or beat up by the sun or heat.  It is definitely worth the trip and I highly recommend it.

Hopefully a pic of the rifleman presentation is attached to this post.

I think the next Appleseed there is May 14-15, so saddle up patriots...you'll be glad you did! O0

Brad

mattd

Many thanks from this newbie Appleseeder to the instructors; The professional and (very) patient marksmanship training coupled with inspiring storytelling made last weekend one of the most fun and stimulating two days I have had in years.

Thanks for the wake up call.

Matt D

M1 Thumb

I was only there for Sunday, but it sounds like Saturday was also a fantastic day.

My thanks to Dr. John and Jesse for their wise instruction and encouragement, I really appreciate the role the instructors have played in helping me score rifleman.  It was great meeting Alaine and Jerry, as well as the other shooters, you really meet the best people at Appleseeds.

Let me just thank the instructors again for their hard work and dedication that make these events possible, you guys are true patriots.  Huzzah! 

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.  The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

TAZDevil

"An Englishman's home is his castle" Jason Russell

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it."  John Adams