News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hernando Sportsman's Club April 16, 17, 2011

Started by PHenry, April 18, 2011, 12:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Let's see, excellent turn out, perfect weather, truly great group of Americans, special volley fire, low noseeum count, hmmmm. Well, I'd have to say that it just doesn't git any better. This was the best April 19th event I have worked to date, without question.

We had 28 rifles on the line Saturday morning, and the weather was very nice. By Sunday we lost a number of shooters, but the weather went from really nice to perfect - could not buy a cloud and there was a cool breeze that lasted all day - that combination is what the sunshine state is famous for.

The people - what can I say? From the families Serrano and Poole, to some "repeat offenders", like Allison, Andy, Gene, Tim, Jill, Adam, Kyle, Stacie, Bob, and his grandson Bryce - this was a truly wonderful group of folks - God bless each and every one of you. I hope ya'll had as satisfying a time as we instructors did. We all agreed in our after action meeting that this was a perfect group of shooters to work with.

This group seemed to enjoy the history as much as the shooting and that says a lot about them. The volley fire went off without a hitch and if the shoot boss were a bit more organized, he might have fired up the video camera he brung with to film it for posterity.   :-[ The shooters were in near perfect unison as the 14 names were read - the first 14 to die for Liberty on April 19th, 1775.

Congrats on Saturday to Bob with a 235, Greg with a 221, Heather also with a 221, and Gene with a 217 - a .30 cal 217 that is! On Sunday congrats to Greg again, but with a 230 this time and Kyle, a high power 224!

I hope to see everyone of you again soon. The next event at Hernando is set for May 21, 22. Of course - no need to wait until then, as we also have an event at the Rocky Creek Ranch the weekend before Hernando!

To anyone interested in serving as an instructor, or in helping us to get the word out - just send me a private message here on the forum and I'll get you hooked up with whatever you need to make it happen. I'd be prouder'n a game rooster to serve with ya!

In Liberty,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata