News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Broken Bow, NE April 16/17, 2011

Started by zombiehunter, April 18, 2011, 12:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiehunter

Mid-Nebraska Rifle and Pistol Club hosted their third Patriot's Day weekend Appleseed.  I've gotta say that Broken Bow is one of my favorite locations to travel to for an Appleseed.  The range is great, and the club members are always welcoming both to the program and to us instructors.  A huge thanks to all of the Instructors and IITs who made this weekend a success: Necede, NEEDJOHNGALT, and 1911jmb.  And a big thanks and congratulations to gibbs459, because this was his 3rd Appleseed SBITing and he did a fine job running the show.

It was chilly in the morning both days with temps in the 20s, but fortunately it warmed up into the low 50s by the afternoon both days.  While there was good cloud cover, it wasn't good enough to prevent some of us from getting red noses and raccoon eyes.  Saturday we made one new Rifleman while all of the other Appleseeders showed measurable improvement.  Here's some photo goodness of the April 16/17, 2011 Broken Bow, NE shoot:

While we had some stubborn snow still hanging around, it wasn't quite cold enough or challenging enough to be a Winterseed...

Proned out.

The 2011 Volley for Liberty.  This was important enough for some of the instructors to bring their rifles to the line.

Now that everyone's comfortable with prone position, we're going to teach you a proper sitting position.

Welcome to the wonderful world of inches, minutes, and clicks.

Our one Rifleman of the weekend.  Nice work!

This little guy came down with a bad earache last week, but was feeling better Saturday morning and wanted to come out to Appleseed.  Around lunchtime, the earache was back and pretty painful, so his dad ran him to the doctor where they gave him some medication to alleviate the pain.  Instead of wanting to head home to the couch, he told his dad he wanted to come back out to the range to keep shooting and hear more stories.  That's one tough young patriot.  He now has a young patriot patch for his backpack. 

We also had three other young patriots persist through the uncomfortable cold this weekend and they received young patriot patches, too.  One even had sewed (on his own) it on his rifle bag by the time he returned on Sunday!

Shoot like a girl, if you can!  And let me tell you, this pink Rifleman knows very well what she's about.

Gibbs did something pretty cool with the Appleseed deck of cards this shoot.  Saturday AM, he handed out cards to everyone to hang onto all weekend.  To read and think about all weekend.  Then on Saturday afternoon, he had everyone read their card to the group as a means to honor that person on the card.

Bloody Butchery by the British.  This is the original source folks.  You want to know what happened on April 19, 1775?  It's spelled out right here.  Every attendee received a copy of this historical article and I imagine there will be a dozen more homes in Nebraska that have this displayed in the next week or so, as a means to remember and honor those who gave everything so we could have Liberty. 

Everybody had a great time and promised to 7th step by returning with a friend to their next Appleseed.  Thanks again to all Instructors, IITs, and Appleseeders who turned out to make this another fantastic weekend of Appleseeding!
Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association! http://www.nebraskafirearms.org/

Necede

A good weekend. The Volley for Liberty was emotional as ever. My thanks to the good people  of Broken Bow and our emissary from Lincoln for making it a good weekend. Our posterity is worth putting up with a little snow and cold, as much as I dislike it. My compliments to the patriots who showed up.
Have gun. Will travel.

Pitspitr

Great Job instructors! :bow: Wish I could have came back out on Sunday. Looks like you'll have to put up with having me as a student at least once more.