News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Indianapolis, IN - Apr 16, 2011

Started by AuntieBellum, April 18, 2011, 10:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

First of all, a BIG thank you to all of our shooters who came out this weekend.  The weather started off wet and cold, and then it changed to wet and cold, and we ended the day with wet and cold.  It takes some strong souls to keep at it in such weather, and it was a refreshing to hear the enthusiasm as your repeated back those safety rules - I knew we had a good group from the start!  Through it all we saw some big smiles...everyone's shooting improved, and everyone learned more about the beginnings of this great nation and the sacrifices of those colonists a mere 236 years ago.  Congratulations to our newest Rifleman - Tony!  Several more of you are getting close - Barry, Jonathan, Matt, Greg - and I'm sorry our family of four couldn't stay.  I'll cross my fingers for dry and warm for your next Appleseed!

Again, thank you everyone.  Remember the names from that volley and think about how you're going to honor them today.  Pictures coming soon.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

AuntieBellum

Pictures are here!  A BIG thank you to our AppleCore-in-Training, Sarah, for the pics!  Rah-rah should be joining the forum soon.   ;D

Mags out, bolts back, safeties on...DHolder sings for our shooters.

Left Bay:

Right Bay:

Jonathan using his new seated position skills to send rounds across Lake MCFG:

Lauren trying out seated, too.  I loves me some purple vet tape:

And Marty joins in with a great open leg position.  She doesn't have purple vet tape on her rifle, but I guess blue will have to do.   ;)

Bill 3 and Matt have a chat:

How on earth did I not faceplant into the mud?

Click, click, click - Tony tests out IMC:

Tony - our new Rifleman.  Congratulations!!!!   ..:..

Thanks for coming out, everyone!  You're welcome back anytime.  Quick, what's step #7?  Bring your friends back, too!

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Bill 3

Cold, rain, wind, mud, gravel.  What's an Appleseed without the elements?  The push was on to get an Appleseed done in a day and mother nature had something to say about it.  My hat goes off to everyone.  Dealing with the cold, the wind, the rain, and the mud.

All in all a great group of shooters who stuck it out as best they can.  The groups improved greatly as the day progressed.  The glimmer of understanding was there.  Congrats to Tony on scoring Rifleman.  Others right on your back.  Barry was impressive, shooting left handed with a righty bolt gun.  Mat was putting it all together but not quite there.  He is in spirit. 

We had family groups in attendance.  Phil, thank you for bringing your family out.  There is nothing I like more than to see kids and family on the line!  It gives me hope.  Greg, thank you!  You decided to stay in spite of your flight as we ran late to get it all in, that says a lot to me.  Jonathan got to join me at Atterbury for Sunday.  It was a pleasure to meet everyone. 

Thank you DHolder, AuntieBellum, Sarah(rah rah), .5 for your excellent work.

Hope to see everyone on the trail.

- WRWIII
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?