News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Castle rock WA 16th / 17 April

Started by Wade, April 18, 2011, 01:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wade

A great turn out for bolth the shoot and sprucee up the range day before the shoot ,,,, LTR and the guys while I was on the road (with out putur) got togather and put togather a crew to clean up and fix the range ,friday I found LTR there wioth tractor and rideing mower and and tools and crew to go over the range manny hands made short work of it  Thank you LTR and Crew,LTR Also bought straw to put over the mud so ,,the Range ended up minus gators and the swamp was drained low spots filled in and the  berm built back up, and of course we had to check the range for any malfuctions (read Instuctor shoot before the shoot). Saturday we had an allmost full line 34 shooters 11 Instructors and IIT's , some brand new shooters alot of new to Appleseed shooters  lots of Improvement  seen .
Sunday One new Rifleman even more now knocking on the door  and at lest one new IIT A good time had by all ,  camp fire talks on saturday night  ,,sunday after the shoot we did one more AQT and some Instructors shootting after the shoot Wheeler44 and I did our game he lost 1 time and won one when tagets where emty .308 cases  once when stood up and once when layed down  and a draw when the targets where emty .22 cases  all done at 25 meters ,,Wheeler44 was out SC he is moveing to Alaska we will miss him ,,This shoot finds us with A new SC 06en he tells me he will be thanking me with the same salute that Wheeler44 used A Great Shoot a Great bunch of Shooter a Good amount of camper at this shoot made for better camp fire talks  I can hardly wait for the next shoot ,,but will miss Wheeler44.
We also had Hawkhaven show up all the way From IN nice to finally meet him :)
Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Scramblin

Beautiful weather (for Washington in April) great attitudes, and an all around good time had by all.  Really enjoyed fixin up the range and getting some time on the line Friday afternoon with my fellow instructors.

Since we all know without pictures, it didn't happen - I edited these on my flight to LA.  So tired I am going to go lights out here any second.

The Volley For Liberty Video turned out better than I had expected with the little Flip cam.  Here is the link to the photos and video on my picasa account.  Also got the back half of Wades soulful rendition of Hesikaya Wyman(sp) story.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Brian.Norton206/20110416?authkey=Gv1sRgCOPFtNL04Z6_pQE#

Wheeler - we'll miss you.  But I have a feeling I'll shoot with you again.  It's a long trail and I do LOVE Alaska.  Thanks for all you did to get us ready and push us out of the nest.
Killed my cable.  Found Appleseed.  Nuff said.

Theophilus

Also of  note:
RL earned the green hat and has become Oregon's newest Shoot Boss.

The green hat was presented by Hawkhavn.

Congratulations, RL!

It was a great AS all the way around.

Theophilus and Joni
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

Wade

Quote from: Theophilus on April 18, 2011, 09:23:08 AM
Also of  note:
RL earned the green hat and has become Oregon's newest Shoot Boss.

The green hat was presented by Hawkhavn.

Congratulations, RL!

It was a great AS all the way around.

Theophilus and Joni

Umm RL earned his green hat long ago its just no one had given him one yet.

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

woodland savage

Had a great time! Learned a lot! Met some nice people! Now I know who is who. Here's a picture I took. Look forward to seeing some of you more guys!
WOODLAND SAVAGE

Joni

Here are some of my pictures, I will try to get the most of them on Picasa and post a link!
Congrats to RL on the green hat! Earned every bit of it! Congrats to BOJO, that orange hat looks really good on you! looking forward to working with you! Congrats to Ed on passing his PC! Keep it up!
Joni

Prescott

We had a great shoot this weekend, with a sold out line on Saturday.

The students were very receptive to the instructor teaching, and progressed nicely throughout the weekend.

I would like to thank Joni for taking up the Blue Hat and helping out with all the admin duties and she did a great job signing up shooters for the Rifleman Opportunity Card (ROC).

Thanks to RL for running the shoot, and Hawkhaven for his support in the Pacific NW. 
Also, thanks to all the instructors who helped worked the range on Friday and got it in great shape for the start of the season.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Joni

More pics!

Joni

I want to thank you Hawkhavn for taking the time out of your busy schedule to come to Castle Rock. Please thank your family for letting us have you for the weekend!

Mark Davis

Joni

Here is the Picasa link for all the pictures. Please let me know if this link does not work, and take whatever pictures you want.
Thanks!
https://picasaweb.google.com/GretaStuff/Apr16172011CastleRockWAAS?authkey=Gv1sRgCNWSst7V7aO7vAE#

Ducko

What a great shoot with lots of new shooters with great attitudes. Groups kept getting smaller all weekend long, shooter knocking on the Refleman Patch door.  I think Hawkhaven brought us the nice dry weather!  Congrats to Mark for earnings that Rifleman Patch, RL for getting that Green Hat and ROJO for taking an Orange Hat.  I have lots of photos to load so keep checking back as I'm learning a new camera and phots edit program, I need Earl for help.  Hope to see everyone agian real soon.
Don't wait, go to the sound of the rifles and get involved! 

We are not to expect to be transported from despotism to Liberty in a feather bed!
Thomas Jefferson

Ducko

More photos:
Don't wait, go to the sound of the rifles and get involved! 

We are not to expect to be transported from despotism to Liberty in a feather bed!
Thomas Jefferson

type3malfunction

Thank you to Wade for providing the range, RL for being bossy (and getting a new hat!) and Wheeler44 for your hard work.
Thank you to the photographers - lots of great pictures.
And thanks to all the instructors - lots of great instruction.

Next stop: Boomershoot in 2 weeks - a chance to apply the principles at 375-575 yards.

Joni

This is from one of the families that attended Appleseed this past weekend. Most of you will remember who they are.

"I want to try to give you an idea of what it was for
our family.
Each of my children came away from the Saturday event with stories and
favorites among the staff.  Hannah says Brian is cool, Alex reported that
"Old Timer" really helped him A LOT, Ben enjoyed stories around the campfire
with unnamed many.  EVERYONE thinks Wade is awesome.  Alex also said he
definitely wants to come back, and that he really wants to get on a range so
he can practice what he learned.  If that weren't enough of a testimonial to
the program, here's more.  The individual attention that each person
received was unbelievably phenomenal, from keeping the weapons safe to the
mini-course on equipment from Dave.  One of the most valuable aspects for me
was the unconditional acceptance and free-flowing knowledge that was a
constant throughout the weekend.  My boys learned more around the campfire
as they connected with staff members and were enfolded amongst the story
tellers that evening.  Mentors for my older boys are priceless and rare
these days, and they found them at the Appleseed event.  I can't seem to put
into words the value of the relationships that were offered that weekend.
We were extremely blessed to have the opportunity to spend the overnight at
Wade's ranch, and we learned much about cold weather survival.  For us, this
was as much a part of the event as the marksmanship.  While we were
disappointed to have missed the second day due to our unpreparedness, we
took home valuable lessons from that experience as well.  It was a tough
decision to go home on Sunday morning, frozen and exhausted, but we knew we
wanted our kids to take home an appreciation for what they learned and a
desire to come back, and they would have been too tired to do that if we had
stayed.  We still lament the lessons we missed, and most assuredly will be
back soon, better prepared to experience the whole weekend.
Please share this with the staff and leadership for Appleseed.  This program
goes so far beyond skills training - it develops character and teaches
honor, discipline, and integrity.
Thank you so very much,
Tracy Rains and the Bandle clan"

Rizzin

more pictures, we all need more pictures!

Rizzin

more pictures, Volley for Liberty

Rizzin

more pictures

Rizzin

even more pictures

Rizzin

last batch