News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Eleanor, WV April 16-17 2011

Started by MacMcM, April 17, 2011, 11:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacMcM

Another INTERESTING Appleseed in Eleanor!

9 different shooters, an NEW Redhat, a flashflood, rifles blown down-range by the wind....  News at 11:00PM

Saturday started and ended in an hour and a half. Our range flooded. What a bummer for a SBIT to face when attempting to run his first Patriots Day shoot. IAO. Our great plans for the 1775 timeline and 4PMET volley were lost to the weather. The Weather Channel even had a spot about Putnam County, WV showing stranded cars in the high water. In true Appleseed (safe) form however, our Instructor Corps decided to shorten Saturday after only introductions, Safety Briefing, and first Redcoat.  When we returned this morning, we found the road and bridge into the range had been under 4 feet of water. The Liberty DAR had been under 18".  Our group has run several one day AS events, and this pays off when the extraordinary occurs. We shot another Redcoat and Mountaineer took off running my Saturday COF. We completed all of the required drills, and all of the points of instruction including all 3 strikes told in good detail by Mountaineer. Congrats Kevin on earning your Redhat, and you truly have earned it.

To a person, the students commented about the "weekend" using words like "Thank you", "Humbled", "Inspired".

Today was one of the best days I have ever had at an Appleseed. We molded no new Riflemen, but we were successful nonetheless. At least 8 Americans were inspired to get off of their couches and promised to come back to our Memorial Day shoot.

Pictures to follow. other please post your reflections and pictures too!
MaMcM
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

MacMcM

can you find VAShooter at the Eleanor shoot? **)
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

MacMcM

and some more pics.. creek in background came up 6 more feet in an hour!

MacMcM

more pics

siglite

--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.