News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Throop NY April 16-17 2011

Started by B9, April 16, 2011, 06:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

Saturday : 5 shooters toughed it out with rain, 45 mph wind and low 40's. Light sleet for a few minutes.
All improved but the weather had an effect. Moving and soggy targets. All are returning and looking forward to a productive Sunday.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Another D.O.M.

Another fine group of NY Appleseed Instructors making a difference in America, and in the lives of their students.  Thanks for your perseverance, dedication and hard work in making this event a huge success, despite the adverse conditions.

My hat is off to you all!
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

B9

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

kDan

Sweet, sweet Throop.  Another range where I slept under a picnic table in the rain.  Picnic tables don't provide much cover, but Scout is good company, even though he stuck me with three pounds of warm hot dogs  - "they're good for weeks without refrigeration".  That was the week-end he and Nickle became Master Instructors so who's not gonna listen to him?  I had to buy a new car.  B9, you were there.  We were so young.

Nice work in the rain you guys.  Throop, watch out for horses crossing the firing line.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"

sgtrock

Western NY at its best,,, Huzzah

R1SGx2

B9,
Nice Job, Nothing like a thriple lindy at saratoga over a 4X4 post huh....
Nice pics. Thanx for helping me along as you continue to mentor.

Looks like the only ones in Tee Shirts was the L.I. Crew with kDan. Maybe one day we can show them how real New Yorkers do it..

To all the shooters - Nice Job... And thank you for stepping forward to help save OUR Nation....
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

sabre364

I was a participant at this event, big thanks too our shoot boss and fellow instructor.

Was able to shoot some tight groups but lots of groups all over the place and had difficulty nailing the 300/400 yd targets for sure.  Definitely got some work to do on my own now that I learned some fundamentals (new shooter here!).  Trigger control and getting NPOA on the target are what I need to deal with first.

First day was a bit cold due to the wind but the second day's weather was great.