News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Houston Area Ranges!

Started by CaptG, April 14, 2011, 02:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptG

^:)^ ..:.. We've got 2 new ranges coming on line much closer to Houston than any we've had before.  ..:..  ^:)^

The first, I believe will be called W. Houston/Katy. It's at The Impact Zone range, just NW of Katy. First shoot date is scheduled to be June 18-19. PM me for more details on this one.

The second, is at the Greenwood Gun Club, near Lake Jackson, S. of Houston. I believe Nick (Aromatic) :bow: is going to call this one South Houston. I'm not sure of the initial date.

I believe the EIP's for both have been sent in, and that they should be on the Instructor Schedule and Eventbrite soon.  This is a great new opportunity in the backyard of a metro area with over three million residents.

Help us get the word out.

Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Aromatic

Thanks Guy!  Currently, the Greenwood Gun Club shoot is for ladies only.  We are working to update the information to reflect this. 

Hopefully we can put on a good show for these ranges and they will schedule more shoots :).

Reddot

Great news indeed!!
Huzzah, Nick, Guy--look forward to seeing both of you on the line, soon!
Chuck

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Quote from: CaptG on April 14, 2011, 02:28:29 PM
This is a great new opportunity in the backyard of a metro area with over three million residents.

More like 5 million if you add the population of Harris and its surrounding counties.  ;)

Wow, Phil Oxley's range coming online is good news.  ..:..

I suggest we call the Greenwood Range "Lake Jackson" since it is a hour South of Houston.  :cool2:

Thanks for your efforts folks.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

spitstickler

That is awesome news!

To everyone that helped make this happen, strong work ya'll!
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

sleepy Joe

good to hear, nothing like close to home.
By the numbers

Neighbors

Looking forward to the Hempstead event in June!  Attended my first AS last weekend in Davilla, and while the drive wasn't bad, I had to (unfortunately) call it quits and head home before the event was over...

rino451

Glad to see The ImpactZone getting involved.  I suggested Appleseed DAR to Phil several times in the past.  It will be awesome is he sets up a KD range out to 400.

Exmarlboroman

Quote from: Neighbors on April 24, 2011, 02:08:40 PM
Looking forward to the Hempstead event in June!  Attended my first AS last weekend in Davilla, and while the drive wasn't bad, I had to (unfortunately) call it quits and head home before the event was over...

You'll make it all the way through next time! Glad you made it out!
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

Baminal

Great effort gents   :bow:  I expect great things from harris county once the door gets pryed open a bit O0
The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.  It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.
Robert Maynard Hutchins, Educator (1899-1977)

Love you liberty and fight for it like men who know its value.  Once lost, it will never, never be regained.
Capt. Hugh Ledlie (1720-1798)

Neighbors

Quote from: Exmarlboroman on May 01, 2011, 12:16:05 AM
You'll make it all the way through next time! Glad you made it out!

I'm -very- glad I made it out, as I've been trying to make it to an event for several months now, but things just hadn't lined up right.  My son has taken a pretty active interest in shooting and hunting, and I felt there was no better place to get him out and gain some experience and intelligence than by a Appleseed (OK, I admit it: I need the help too, LOL!).  My SO has been a gun/firearm opponent (maybe not an opponent, but certainly not a proponent) most of her life, but has learned to understand and appreciate the satisfaction I get from what little hunting and shooting I do, and wants to be able to handle the firearms in a safe, intelligent, and efficient manner.   It was a three-way win for me, that's for sure!

I have been waiting for a Davilla AAR of the Davilla, but have not seen one yet.  I wanted to thank -all- of the staff for a great weekend, great event, and all the information and encouragement we gleaned from the event.  The manner in which everybody conducted themselves was top notch and exemplary, and I am happy to have been a (small) part of that event.  My hats off to all (Michael, Mark, Dean, Larry, Chris, Brett, Andrew, and all the others that I unfortunately either didn't get their names of flat forgot!)...

I've been telling quite a few people about the event in Hempstead, but so far no solid takers.  I plan to come out (with my son) at least one day (Saturday), and may make it tp both days if the heat doesn't zap me.  In the meantime, I've been hitting the range in Texas City at least once a week (during lunch) and cranking off a hundred rounds or so; I have a new goal now, LOL, and want to make rifleman ASAP!

Chris

TNVolunteer

Great!  I look forward to seeing you guys there.  Hopefully I will be more successfull at getting some friends to go with.

TNV

CaptG

Unfortunately I can't get out of working the weekend of the first AS here. Phil is planning on having one every two or three months though.
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Jdn181

Good to hear Impact Zone is coming online! Phil's got a great facility out there! If the gameplan is to have an event out there later this month make sure you bring a canopy or something to provide shade. Going to be pretty hot! Always nice to have an event close to home!

Jesse