News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Where are the shoots?

Started by Grendel, April 14, 2011, 02:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grendel

Trying to schedule my summer, looking to attend at least two, maybe three shoots this summer. But there's none listed for Oklahoma. What gives?

Because of my work schedule I usually have to schedule time off about two months ahead of time.

TN_Dadx5

There's not a lot scheduled so far but here is a link to an upcoming shoot in OK.
Granfield, OK Apr30-May1 - http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20901.0

If you are close to Dallas there are more there:
DFW/Quail Creek - Jan 8-9, Mar 5-6 Ladyseed, Apr 16-17 (April 19th Commemorative Appleseed),
May 28-29 Ladyseed, Jun 11-12, Sep 10-11, Oct 1-2, Nov 12-13.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18949.0

Amarillo, TX has these shoots:
Apr 30-May 1, June 4-5, Sep 17-18, Oct 22-23.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18485.0

Here's a link to a map that has all the ranges near OK.  Click on one of the green markers to see that range's schedule.  Note: the mrkers with no dots inside don't have anything scheduled so far.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=210440502458935924816.0004670c19bef130c16b7&num=200&start=200&ll=35.245619,-96.70166&spn=9.772854,18.61084&t=h&z=6

I hope that his helps and you get to attend soon.

Charlie
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

Scarecrow

There will be more shoots on the schedule for Oklahoma as soon as humanly possible.
I will be speaking with city officials in Hobart, OK in the next 3 weeks to get that range lined up for a trial shoot.
Look for Afton, OK to be on the schedule again in the not too distant future.
USSA in Tulsa is still being negotiated as a venue for shoots in that area.
A DAR site is in the works by instructor DALESP.
Our State Coordinator is literally slammed with balancing an new career/job and Appleseed work.
I will be stepping up to be boots on the ground helping him out as I can as well as the other OK instructors.
Any ranges you might be aware of that could host an AS please sound them out on the possibility and let us know.
We could really use some more people (bucketeers) to come forward as B.O.T.G. and new instructors if we are going to move ahead in the state and do our part to help "save the ship".
The number of shoots we can have is related to the ability to staff them.
I also recommend, for any who are able, to attend the RBC (Rifleman Boot Camp) in Eureka Kansas in May.
Oklahoma instructor cadre are pressed by work schedules too except for maybe one who has his own unique challenges.

Dinky Dao

Quote from: Scarecrow on April 14, 2011, 03:59:23 PM
I recommend, for any who are able, to attend the RBC (Rifleman Boot Camp) in Eureka Kansas in May.

May 22-29  O0
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

colycat

What ever happened to the OKC range?  Last spring there was a really big shoot there.

There will be more shoots on the schedule for Oklahoma as soon as humanly possible.
I will be speaking with city officials in Hobart, OK in the next 3 weeks to get that range lined up for a trial shoot.
Our State Coordinator is literally slammed with balancing an new career/job and Appleseed work.
I will be stepping up to be boots on the ground helping him out as I can as well as the other OK instructors.
Any ranges you might be aware of that could host an AS please sound them out on the possibility and let us know.
We could really use some more people (bucketeers) to come forward as B.O.T.G. and new instructors if we are going to move ahead in the state and do our part to help "save the ship".
I also recommend, for any who are able, to attend the RBC (Rifleman Boot Camp) in Eureka Kansas in May.
Oklahoma instructor cadre are pressed by work schedules too except for maybe one who has his own unique challenges.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Scarecrow

Henschman or Oldgrunt may have the scoop on that venue.
"Bratch", on the forum, is/was a member at OKC club and was our "in" to that site.
He has not posted since last years event that I am aware of.

Quote from: colycat on April 14, 2011, 05:06:07 PM
What ever happened to the OKC range?  Last spring there was a really big shoot there.

Grumpy

Anything happening at Dry Hole this year???

Sure would like to jump in the oven again.
Turn off the X-box and focus on the X-ring.

Scarecrow

DALESP is working with his brother-in-law to get a better property in the same area as dry hole for use as a DAR.
(designated AS range) Looks like dry hole will be a one shoot wonder.

Quote from: Grumpy on April 14, 2011, 10:08:36 PM
Anything happening at Dry Hole this year???

Sure would like to jump in the oven again.

Grendel

Good to hear that there's going to be some shoot on the calender soon. Just trying to plan my time off this summer.

Wish I could offer some land to shoot on, but the land we have is all heavily wooded, or right next to a couple of houses. I live in Chouteau about 45 minutes or so from the Afton range, so I'm looking forward to being back there again. And I may have to go visit my friends in Eureka again this year.

If you need help getting anything set up at Afton, let me know and I'll help out assuming I'm not tied up with work.