News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fred's???

Started by shootermedic816, April 13, 2011, 12:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shootermedic816

Hey guys and gals!  I ordered some targets and the "How to become a rifleman" book from FredsM14stocks.com back in Jan.  Still haven't received them, I have sent a couple emails but haven't heard any response.  Anybody have any suggestions? 
Thanks!
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816
Appleseeds Attended:
Bates City, MO April 2-3, 2011

2 clicks low

Pick up the phone and call. I went thru the same thing. First call he said callback tomorrow. Next day I called back and his wife put the order in a box and shipped it.

Not quite like dealing with Amazon  :D

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Greg in MO

What 2cl said...

Fred is busy with Appleseed pretty much 24/7.  Give them a call.  It may help if you tell them you're an Appleseeder. 

I ordered a stock from him a couple years ago and let him know I wanted it for an RBC.  I received it in just a couple of days.  That reminds me, I need to order another one...  Hmmm.

Greg

shootermedic816

Thanks guys!  I gave him a call today and he didn't have the order so I double checked my statement and low and behold it never was charged so I am just gonna reorder it! 
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816
Appleseeds Attended:

Grayson

Was it just the targets and Guide you ordered?  I understood that those tended to ship pretty fast, but orders for gear took quite a while longer.

When I ordered my targets and the Guide, they arrived in about 2 days.  8)  Other orders for gear and a stock took longer, but as Greg said it's something he's gotta do in between Appleseed stuff.

shootermedic816

It was for the targets and guide.  I don't think my card was ever charged so I am gonna place a new order when I get home from work in the morning. 
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816
Appleseeds Attended:

wcmartin1

Most of the information in the guide is available online here at this unofficial site - http://appleseedshoot.blogspot.com/

Especially under the "Rifleman Series" here - http://the-rifleman.blogspot.com/

Targets are available from the Appleseed store here - http://www.appleseedstore.flyingcart.com/index.php?p=products&req=dept&id=9

FYI - I was able to shoot a qualifying "RIFLEMAN" score back in '06 using the guide and targets I got from Fred after reading the guide and extensive practice on my own, but the knowledge learned at actual Appleseed events tied it all together and definitely helped me with my shooting ability and Highpower scores.  The fundamentals learned at 25 meters definitely apples at full distance.  This has been documented several times throughout the forum.

Additionally, the history taught (The Story) at the events is well worth the admission price of the event by itself - shooting is just the hook.

Find your own truth and apply it to your own life.

Git-R-Done!  :---

edited to add a link to the "Rifleman Series"

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

mtbrass

Fred's site says if your order doesn't hit your credit card in a month call and ask about it. Also his site says once your card gets charged if your stuff doesn't show up in 2 weeks call and check on your order. Some things take longer than others.
I ordered a shooting jacket form my son and myself and had the whole thing at my door in about 2 weeks. So my experience was very good with Fred's. And got the stuff just in time for a shoot we are working this weekend!!!