News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alton, April 16-17

Started by TreadCarefully, April 11, 2011, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TreadCarefully

All,

Let's use this thread to organize the shoot. I usually start this a month in advance, but this one snuck up on me. Also wasn't able to put together the conference call liek I planned. Perhaps we can do it this week.

Biggest issue: getting the target line built. There are special requirements at this facility. MTBrass, let's talk about what has to happen asap.

Patriot Gal is confirmed as SBIT for the shoot.

MTBrass is doing 1st Strike

Everyone else, please let me know what part of the instruction you would like to do. I will fill in the rest.

Any questions/comments/concerns, post 'em here!
Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

TreadCarefully

Promotions! It looks like there is only one pre-reg! I know of two shooters and am bringing a third, so this is not accurate. but, we should be pushing for more in this final week. Thoughts?

Castle Mountain

Second or third Strike Works for me. As for DOM I also combine Russle and Whititmore.

Long way to come for three shooters though. Gas prices are killing people.

CM

Quote from: TreadCarefully on April 11, 2011, 02:39:48 PM
All,

Let's use this thread to organize the shoot. I usually start this a month in advance, but this one snuck up on me. Also wasn't able to put together the conference call liek I planned. Perhaps we can do it this week.

Biggest issue: getting the target line built. There are special requirements at this facility. MTBrass, let's talk about what has to happen asap.

Everyone else, please let me know what part of the instruction you would like to do. I will fill in the rest.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

mtbrass

I have taken a vacation day Friday and will get the stuff and set up a target line. (In the past George 63 brought down Reveille's line :bow: but I will assume we will build it this time). Will try to get it done early as I have a committment I may need to take care of in the afternoon/evening.   Have also ordered the porta john and will meet the driver to get it there Friday. Also plan to check with the Quarry owner to make sure we have access Friday night and Saturday morning.

The only concern I have is water at the target line or farther as it has been raining here and more is predicted.  Once I get down there this week will take a look and see what issues we might have related to water and how we might overcome them. I may be able to get some crates and also have a couple other ideas. Let me know what else we might need to do and we will get to work on it.

CM Looked like 18 pre reg's when I looked.

colycat

Good news is there are 20 pre regs as of Monday 4:30 PM
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

wooldl

Can't make the shoot, but I'll be putting flyers in my two local gunshops today. Good luck at the shoot! Alton has a history of producing a lot of Riflemen. Including Yours Truly.  O0
"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present generation, to preserve your Freedom! " - John Adams

AQT Dryfire Practice mp3 files: http://www.4shared.com/folder/559qijqr/My_4shared_Sync.html

George63

talked to mtbrass about the target line looks like it will go to rebar that can be left on site, he has a clear plan to build it, main lessons learned from last shoot is to have plasticaps to hold the targets on the foam, they were coming loose with a dozen staples. High water will probably be a challenge again like last spring, but it did not hurt the performance. I may be shaking the branches of the family tree over in Iowa, will be listening for the echo from the quarry.

TreadCarefully

Looks like it's all coming together!

Quick reminder to the instructor staff: please review all of the safety bulletins, especially the ones issues since your last shoot, and let me know if you have any questions.

rprlrpc

MTBrass stretch that line a little farther. James and I will be attending Sunday. I am also bringing my nephew and maybe one more. To all coming from the north, Elrded blacktop is under construction north of the range. from the south U.S.67 is under construction. Heavy thunderstorms and rain Saturday but nice Friday and Sunday.

Castle Mountain

Make sure those gun stores get an 18" x 24" large poster of our Mona Lisa girl AR poster. Every gun store should have one
hanging on display. The poster drives the hand outs giving the person a small version of the poster, the hand out drives
the shooting events by the information on the back. Posters, posters posters. Fire Departments, Police Department coffee rooms
and so on. IF you don't have any then tell us and we will make sure you do.

Cheers,

CM

Quote from: wooldl on April 12, 2011, 12:08:22 PM
Can't make the shoot, but I'll be putting flyers in my two local gunshops today. Good luck at the shoot! Alton has a history of producing a lot of Riflemen. Including Yours Truly.  O0
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Patriot Gal

Hello All,

TC, I can (and should) be able to do whatever...safety briefing, 6 steps, steady hold factors in any position, IMC, NPOA, strikes, and I'd like to do KD trajectory (once I review it).
I have a white board I can use or a piece of cardboard and a black marker will be fine.  ;) 

Thanks everyone, for all you do!
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

TreadCarefully

CM - brings a couple/three sets for me. I'll need when I get back here to Michigan.

Rain this weekend may mean lots of walking through ankle high (or higher) water. Bring the appropriate foot gear.

Castle Mountain

Does this mean  he is including Paul Revere's ride inclusive with First Strike or are you doing that separately?

CM

Quote from: TreadCarefully on April 11, 2011, 02:39:48 PM
All,

M1D

"Long way to come for three shooters though. Gas prices are killing people."

CM
CM I know how you feel because I've said almost exactly the same thing to myself, but if one of those shooters turns out to be another Castle Mountain then I think it is well worth the trip if you can make it.  You never know when or where you will find the next gem.
"....with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
Our first Congressmen

"It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated to the great task remaining before us....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
A. Lincoln

"That's what we do.  We're Americans"
USN Corpsman

Gumballhead

Quote from: M1D on April 15, 2011, 12:11:58 AM

CM
CM I know how you feel because I've said almost exactly the same thing to myself, but if one of those shooters turns out to be another Castle Mountain then I think it is well worth the trip if you can make it.  You never know when or where you will find the next gem.
O0
Very good point.  As long as someone shows up, so will we :)

Patriot Gal

Whaaaaaat???!!!???       :o ;D >:D

Quote from: M1D on April 15, 2011, 12:11:58 AM

CM
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan