News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Missouri Gun Day - April 6 - Jeff City

Started by Greg in MO, April 05, 2011, 09:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg in MO

Ok Missouri,

Sorry for the short notice.  I just realized that this hadn't been mentioned here yet.

We are constantly telling our students to get off the couch and get involved.  Here is the perfect chance to do so. 

Tomorrow is the annual Gun Rights Rally in the Capitol Rotunda at 10am.  There will be several speakers discussing gun rights/liberty issues.  After the rally, we will all split up and find our respective legislators.  If you have never been, it is a good event and an excellent chance to meet your representatives (if you haven't already).

If you are in the KC or STL areas, there are buses that have been arranged that can take you to the capitol.  Check out the MSSA, WMSA or GCLA websites for more info.

I know it's hard to get off work sometimes, but events like these make a huge difference in the preservation of our rights.

Hope to see you there tomorrow!

Greg 

shootermedic816

Greg,
I couldn't make it down to Jeff City yesterday, but was curious to how it went.  Did a lot of people make it? 
Thanks!
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816
Appleseeds Attended:
Bates City, MO April 2-3, 2011

Greg in MO

This was the 20th Annual Gun Rights Rally in Jeff City.  Times sure have changed from the early one's when no one wanted to be associated with us.  Now the Reps and Senators line up to be allowed a minute or two to talk to us.  Even the Lt. Gov spoke.  They just kept coming down from the Chamber floors for almost 2 hours. 

It was fairly well attended, but we didn't break any records.  I took my 7 year old daughter with me.  Our Sen (Ridgeway) was very gracious to us and personally showed Sarah the Senate chambers, even allowed her to hold the gavel.  Considering how busy she is, I was impressed by how much time she spent with us.  It is refreshing to have Reps and Senators that support liberty and gun rights.  Huge change from when I lived in MD. 

There will be another Gun Rights Rally next April.  If you can make it, I highly recommend it.  It is one thing to call and write letters, but to be able to shake their hand and talk to them gets their attention.  They know you had to take off work and travel to the capitol, so it has some serious impact.  We push our shooters to get involved with government.  This is an excellent way to do so.

Kudos to Shiela (SybalLudington), MSSA, WMSA and GCLA for organizing this great event.  I hope we see more Appleseeders there next year!

Greg

Gramma Goats

hey  Greg.  IS this the same day each year (IE First Thurs in April etc).  I had no idea it was going on .   if it is always that same i can put it on my calendar.
"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." --philosopher and writer Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

cmidkiff

Quote from: Gramma Goats on April 08, 2011, 09:38:16 AM
I had no idea it was going on.

GG: I _know_ I told you about this months ago... 

It's not always the same date, though it's close.  Depends on what's going on at the capitol.  Stu Stricker has been handling the bulk of the arrangements for this event for the last decade or so, but he's slowing down now.  I'm unsure who is handling the planning for next year, but I promise, I'll let you know what the date is.  We'd love to have you and Dan come out!

FreeCelt

Thanks for the report Greybeard. It's always encouraging to hear legislators acknowledge citizen lobbies. Hope to make it next year.

~ Freecelt
Though the cause of evil prosper, yet the truth alone is strong;
Though her portion be the scaffold, and upon the throne be wrong;
Yet that scaffold sways the future, and behind the dim unknown,
Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above His own.