News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Levelland/Lubbock Apr 2-3, 2011

Started by oladcock, April 04, 2011, 11:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oladcock

The day dawned cool and clear, not a breath of wind, 40x4 red coats glowed brightly all in line as if held together by a wire. Slowly American Patriots began to arrive, 27 in total. Though out numbered, they were confident in their marksmanship skills. Plans were made, safety was discussed, and the order was given to FIRE!

As the dust cleared, the Red Coats had taken a terrible beating, more then half taken out at 200+ yards, at the end of Sunday in a 30-50 mph full value wind, we had a 50% hit rate on the Murphy Square. DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!

We were light on Rifleman Patches as the winds and temps came up into the 90's, but in true Rifleman fashion, no one gave up, dirt and grit in the eyes, teeth, and other locations we won't discuss. At least half are knocking at the door. The smiles at the end of the day told us the journey has begun and I look forward to sharing a line with these fine folks again., there are no finer on this earth. Many thanks to "Heretic" who worked so hard to make this happen....O.L.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Jerry Hall

I is My extreme pleasure to have have spent this weekend serving so many fine awakening Americans:
Men, Women, Boys and Girls who "Know very well what they are about"!!!!
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

And definitely a big thank you to the instructors that made this happen.  The time constraints and the fatigue got me this time around but I will practice and you guys can expect to see me again.

Tim

Jimi

It makes me swell with pride to say "I am a TEXAN". It was a phenomenal 2 days with the finest of the panhandle on the line. To say there was improvement in the shooting skills of those on the line would be a serious understatement. To watch some who had never shot before grimace at the approaching bayonets the first morning, to the same ones making the Murphy square at the end of the day says volumes about the dedication and willingness to become pretzels in learning.

The number of families and shooters ranging from 6 years old to the 50's was reason to smile and swell up with pride. The attentiveness during the history lesson was showed when instructors quizzed the shooters on names and locations and the "Correct" answers came fast and direct without hesitation, even on day 2.

To say that Theresa and I are looking forward to round 2 in the Panhandle of Texas is an understatement. We are anxious and willing to make the trip as many times as necessary to build an instructor cadre with some of the finest American Patriots we have had the honor to shoot with.
Theresa, Ezra and Jimi say Thank you for the hospitality.
Looking forward to coming there again, many times.
Jimi AKA Desert Eagle
100% USCG Vet ITWPATWT

JustJeff

This was a great group of folks to work with, with quite a few 'yoots' on Saturday!  No complaints, even as the wind was toppling ez-ups and giving us a sandblasting.  Groups, as a whole, got smaller as you saw the instruction 'click' with all of the shooters.  At lunch, as we all broke bread together, there was an intense concentration as the Strikes were told.  By the end of the day, there were smiles all over the place as folks saw the improvement they'd made from the beginning of the day. 

On Sunday we had some really persistent folks return (those that didn't were in church) to even stronger winds and more sandblasting, and we had quite a few of those "knocking on the door" even with the extreme wind.  We will have quite a few returnees, for the next one, and the Levelland/Lubbock area will produce quite a few Riflemen.

All in all, it was a great time.  New friends were made, eyes were opened to our nations beginning, and quite a few folks are well on the path to becoming the Riflemen.

A day shooting in the wind and dust=GREAT.  Watching groups get smaller and smaller and on paper= AWESOME.  Seeing 28 smiles at the end of a rough day, and knowing that they are 'getting it'= PRICELESS
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

JoshL

I just wanted to check in and say that I had a wonderful time this weekend!  The instructors did a spectacular job, the participants were all great, and we learned a whole lot about marksmanship and history.  While I came up just short of earning my badge (darn 50 mph wind gusts!), I am looking forward to going for it next time around.

Thanks again to everyone!

nmmi9100

Great Job, West Texas!  Good to see folks like ya'll come out, improving your shooting, and learning about your heritage.

Proud of the Southern New Mexico Appleseed crew.  Looks like ya'll had a heck of a line!

For dry powder,

-David
Edgewood, NM

7.62er

I just wanted to say thanks to all instructors.   :bow:  We had a great time.  Everyone here (and more) are eagerly awaiting our next event.  We are beginning to wrap up details on another, SOON Appleseed.
A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished.  (...hiding doesn't mean fear, just that he is prudent and PREPARES!)

"You and I are told increasingly that we have to choose between a left or right, but I would like to suggest that there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down—up to a man's age-old dream; the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism, and regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course,"--Ronald Reagan

AfterWork_Ninja

Thanks to all the instructors.  I had a great time and really improved my shooting.

How do I make sure I don't miss the next one?

Chris W

oladcock

Chris, if you pre-registered for the Levelland shoot, they should send you an email for any that come up locally. We looked at another site closer to Lubbock yesterday. So keep an eye out for it, looking around the end of May...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

AfterWork_Ninja

I was a walk-in last time.  how do I get on the email list?

TaosGlock

Excellent job all you guys!
50 mph winds...yee haw. :--- >:D
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

KMCC45

It was a great weekend with a lot of great instructors.  Thanks to everyone who had a hand in putting this on.  It was my pleasure to meet all of you.  Rumor is someone is working for another shoot in Lubbock, wonder if that is true?  ;)

The shooting was great - but I enjoyed the history lesson of the men and women who gave us this great country and the sacrifices they made for so many.   :cool2:
A well-instructed people alone can be permantentlya free people - James Madison