News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Bowling Green MO April 2-3 2011

Started by ben1775, April 04, 2011, 05:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben1775

This AS is one for the books, the record books that is. We had a total of 57 shooters making it the largest to date in Missouri!

The weather was nice (if a bit windy), the facilities top notch, and the people as good as they come.

We ran late Saturday but everyone persisted like true Riflemen in the making. Speaking of Rifleman we forged 6 this weekend, all first time AS attendees! Congratulations gentleman, making Rifleman at your first 'seed is a feat rarely achieved  O0

This was a great weekend and I look forward to going back to Bowling Green just as soon as we get more dates on the schedule.

Thanks to everyone who came out, the Pike County Fair Board for letting us use their wonderful fair grounds, and to everyone who made this AS a big success.

AFTERMATH

57?!?!?!?!?! :o

That's like one from each of the states! :D

Way to go Instructors and Congratulations Riflemen! 
[All 6 were first timers?  Must be something in the water down there. ;)]

Be proud of yourselves!  And head on up to Minnesota, soon as the glaciers retreat back to Canada! O0

Aftermath

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

mtbrass

That is great news. I hope to get over there sometime and will keep an eye on upcoming dates. And 6 earning a Rifleman score at a first shoot is great accomplishment.  O0

Greg in MO

As much as I hate to contradict my brother Ben, alas, 57 is not the record for MO.  I believe that is held by the first Bates City shoot (6/13-14/2009) where we had 62.  For some reason I remember a really big Osage shoot that I thought was in the 60's also, but I couldn't find a record of it.

In any case, considering that Bates draws from a much larger population base, you guys still knocked it out of the park.  Well done.  We are going to have to be careful about scheduling these large shoots opposite each other so we aren't splitting up the instructor corps so much.  At least until we make more instructors! 

Thanks to Nemo and Witchy for hosting and promoting!  I hope Robin and I can make the next one.

Greg

nemohunter

One two three four five six count them six Rifleman ah ah ah......

congrats to all six first timers. it aint in the water BTW it's in the blood.

Centered up for a bit of History.

May 28-29 is the next date.
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

ben1775

Quote from: Greg in MO on April 04, 2011, 11:03:14 PM
As much as I hate to contradict my brother Ben, alas, 57 is not the record for MO.  I believe that is held by the first Bates City shoot (6/13-14/2009) where we had 62.  For some reason I remember a really big Osage shoot that I thought was in the 60's also, but I couldn't find a record of it.

In any case, considering that Bates draws from a much larger population base, you guys still knocked it out of the park.  Well done.  We are going to have to be careful about scheduling these large shoots opposite each other so we aren't splitting up the instructor corps so much.  At least until we make more instructors! 

Thanks to Nemo and Witchy for hosting and promoting!  I hope Robin and I can make the next one.

Greg

The largest Osage shoot was 56 and was to my knowledge the largest in the state but alas I was mistaken.

But don't worry Greg, the next Bowling Green shoot WILL break the record. Count on it.

Ben

witchywoman

It really did go well.  This was our debut at The Pike Co. Fairgrounds and the fair board couldn't be happier with us.  We all really knocked it out of the park for our "trial" shoot so we have been given the go ahead for more shoots! Nemo is working on the next date as we speak.

Many of the shooters can't wait to attend another AS.

The few days it take my poor system to recoup after doing an AS is so worth it.  The shooters  enthusiasm this weekend really is why I jumped at the chance to take a hat in the first place. 

Witchy
we have domestic enemies in this country and i'm gonna name names........ Ignorance, apathy, and laziness.   -EEL at Waterman 300

The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.   Ted Nugent

HectorFuego

Ben,

Good to see you again, even if it's only a picture.  Sounds like everyone had a great time, and congrats on all the patches.  We had 3 or 4 the first day at Bates City but nobody could have been expected to shoot a high score on Sunday due to 40 MPH wind gusts. 

Let me know the next time you go to Pioneer.  Maybe I can meet you there.  I'll take all the coaching I can get.  Still haven't broken 210 with the Springfield. ;)

Hector
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky
"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin." My late dad, a Mariine veteran of the Battle of Iwo Jima.

POP

Ben & Mo Bros and Sisters,
Congratulations on a great weekend.
Hope to get up there again this Fall to another RBC.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

EEL

Ben,
Great job to you and all the MO crew!!  O0  Good to have you back my brother. 

56, 62, 52...what does it matter?  As the phrase goes....Why screw up a perfectly good story with the facts?  >:D

Congrats on a great shoot.

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Son of Isaac

The impact of the wind can't be understated.  We had gusts exceeding 30 and 40 mph consistently throughout the weekend.  I think the Rifleman count would have been higher if the wind had been a bit calmer.

~TravelPatriot

ocharry

Well boys and girls I will tell ya I had a great time

Many thanks to ALL who were involved in putting this together and making it happen,,including the fair board

nemohunter,,let me know when you get the dates for the next shoot,,I think you said a date in may,,and when you get a flyer put together I can stop by and pick some up and I will post them at work

I have been talking it up and getting the guys revved up,, so 57-59,,,,we could get into the 60's next time,,,lol

the rider is in the saddle

ocharry

madmedic1955

I was signed for both days, but due to my health was only able to make it sat.

To Ben 1775 and crew, Thank you,
As adisabled person I was shown how to shoot a style I was not used to.
I thank each and everyone of the crew for the time they took with me with a smile one your faces as you helped me adapt, due to my lack of ability in some of the positions,  kneeling instead seated for one and makeing sure i felt good about that position.
  You all had alot of folks to take care of, and yet never rushed me when you were helping me

To anyone who has health problems, do not be afraid to go to an AS the folks will willing to help with a smile on thier face.
  I wont go into all my health problems, but if they can get me thru it, I would wager that they could you as well
      THANK YOU BEN1775 AND CREW
DID I SHOOT RIFLEMAN ,NO,--AM I SORE AND IN PAIN, YES--WILL I GO BACK,,IN A HEARTBEAT, IT MAY BE ONLY ONE DAY, BUT HOPEING FOR TWO   
  I left out did I learn?  you bet
and if you use a cane to walk any distance, dont be a knucklehead like me and not bring it LOL

AGAIN BEN AND CREW THANKYOU, AND HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN SOON

madmedic1955

TOLD YA I WOULD BE BACK HA HA HA
JUST SIGNED UP FOR THE NEXT SUNDAY SHOOT, TO MAKE UP FOR THE SUNDAY I HAD TO MISS
   VERY EXCITED AND YA I WILL BRING MY CANE THIS TIME LOL
ALSO JOINED RWVA  AND GONNA START TALKING TO FOLKS TO GET THE WORD OUT

ben1775

Quote from: madmedic1955 on April 07, 2011, 02:57:21 PM
TOLD YA I WOULD BE BACK HA HA HA
JUST SIGNED UP FOR THE NEXT SUNDAY SHOOT, TO MAKE UP FOR THE SUNDAY I HAD TO MISS
   VERY EXCITED AND YA I WILL BRING MY CANE THIS TIME LOL
ALSO JOINED RWVA  AND GONNA START TALKING TO FOLKS TO GET THE WORD OUT

Awesome! I too am signed up so I look forward to seeing you again.

Tell everybody! Bring your friends, your family, and anybody else you can drag along.