News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pensacola, FL - April 2-3, 2011

Started by dond, April 03, 2011, 11:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

It's late and I'm too tired to do much on this at the moment, and it will probably be a few days before I can get on-line again. Therefore, I will just give a brief report and will try to amplify it later. Then too, surely others can add to it.

We had 14 shooters Saturday and several were first time Appleseeders. Everyone seemed to enjoy it immensely and were anxious to return for another event. A few are wanting to come to an RBC.

One new shooter earned his Rifleman Patch Saturday and a repeat Rifleman shot the score again.

Three of the Saturday shooters were unable to return Sunday, much to their chagrin.
However, they were replaced by three walk-ons to make a total of 14 shooters again. While there were scores in the 180s and 190s, no further Riflemen were made. There was one shooter though who would certainly have made it if it were not for repeated malfunctions. His score  was 202 even though one of the second stage targets received no hits because of the malfunction. He will return next time and this problem will be cured. He has been to a couple of Appleseeds previously, but observations this time showed that he has finally solved all his bad habits and is shooting extremely well. We can't wait until next time.   ^:)^ 
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

gcvaughn

Another great shoot at the Escambia River Muzzle Loaders Club, we even got a flintlock demo!

A few pictures, if anyone has others, please post!
I like shooting with precision.  It appeals to every part of me- AdobeWallsOfFla