News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

7th Stepping in La Crosse

Started by professor gun, April 01, 2011, 12:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

professor gun

Hoping to fill the line at the upcoming La Crosse Appleseeds, I have been promoting Appleseed in my spring hunter safety class.  The test is April 9, one week before our next Appleseed.  If any of you know a hunter safety instructor, ask if you can do a 15 minute presentation to their class, go hand out Appleseed flyers, literature, etc.

Tonight I took in copies of the 25 M drill target for all students and their parents; we have 59 students in the class.  Told them to try to get out and shoot at the target at 25 yards (I know, it is different from 25 M but the meter thing just puts off some people).  Told them if they could put all of 5 rounds into the one square inch block at 25 yards, bring in the target and we would put it up in the classroom with their name on it; if they couldn't do that, going to Appleseed would help them be better shots so that maybe some day they could put all 5 rounds into the square.  ;)

Here's hoping we get some of them to sign up!
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

LadyVetch

I thought this would be a great 7th step too...  All those kids and parents learning safety but the next logical step would be markmanship.   At Lodi, we hung up a poster about Appleseed in the main hallway but haven't had the opportunity to talk directly with the class though we talked to many of the students.  No takers so far though.  I like your idea of the target.

I'd be interested to hear if you get people to come... 

Keep up the great work,

LadyVetch
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

Kosciusko

vmt193 did it in his firearms safety class and we also did a presentation for the Chad Herbst Memorial trap shooting  program last summer.  Some of those youth wound up on the line  in Winona.  bottom line, those presentaions bring people in.

Old Glory!

ProfGun - LaCrosse
Ladyvetch - Lodi
JoeZ/MuskyJerk - Hubertus
FEpowered - Suamico

???you??? - Racine
???you??? - Bristol
all WI ranges.............can we tap into the hunter safety groups that are already meeting?

7th Stepping Hunter Safety - GREAT POTENTIAL.  Good to see WI starting to plant seeds in fertile ground.   
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Trisha

LaCrosse is leading the way in WI in pre-regs right now...with 14! Lets continue to increase this number and all the other WI events. Keep it up everyone!