News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wisconsin Appleseed Facebook Page?

Started by Blue Five, March 31, 2011, 03:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Five

I've been noticing that a lot of other states have a dedicated Appleseed page for their state on Facebook, and am curious if anyone has considered doing it for us?  Just an idea I've had, not sure how effective it would be for 7th stepping, but it might help.

B5
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Old Glory!

There seems to be an orange glow on the western WI horizon.  OH!  It's Professor Gun and Blue Five's orange hats at work!   ^:)^

Has anyone formally done a WI Appleseed Facebook page?  Don't think so.  Anyone working on it?  Don't know.   Maybe someonew ill chime in here. 

Sounds like a good idear, and from the sound of it, there may be help from other Appleseeders who have already done this in their state.   

Quote from: Blue Five on March 31, 2011, 03:12:09 PM
I've been noticing that a lot of other states have a dedicated Appleseed page for their state on Facebook, and am curious if anyone has considered doing it for us?  Just an idea I've had, not sure how effective it would be for 7th stepping, but it might help.

B5
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Blue Five

Quote from: Old Glory! on March 31, 2011, 04:34:34 PM
There seems to be an orange glow on the western WI horizon.  OH!  It's Professor Gun and Blue Five's orange hats at work!   ^:)^

Has anyone formally done a WI Appleseed Facebook page?  Don't think so.  Anyone working on it?  Don't know.   Maybe someonew ill chime in here. 

Sounds like a good idear, and from the sound of it, there may be help from other Appleseeders who have already done this in their state.   

Quote from: Blue Five on March 31, 2011, 03:12:09 PM

B5

:) We sure try.  ;)

I know how to do it, and I know Aftermath has made a group, but it'd be a better idea to make an actual fanpage, I think.  I just don't want to do something like this without higher up approval.  If I get the okay for doing it, I can talk to Aftermath about what he did with Minnesota's group.
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

TrebleShooter

I am the moderator for the Southern Nevada Facebook page, and I find that it's a good seventh stepping tool, but somewhat limited towards bringing new people in, unless you wanna pay for ads  :P.   But it's great! you can recommend the program the page to your non-Appleseed friends! (If you have any facebook friends who HAVEN'T heard about the program yet.:) )

It is a great tool for 7th stepping, but ultimately I find that it's best used for helping keep previous Appleseed attendees in the loop as to what's going on (to ask for help at gun shows, signup links, AAR links, history tidbits, etc.)   

It's also very easy to say 'look us up on facebook' rather than the rwva.org address, because a LOT of people are already on facebook.  We are a community fanpage because we have more than one moderator, which makes it easy to get things posted.
An example of a REALLY good facebook page to check out is New Hampshire's.  Check out their welcome page!
One of these days I might get around to it....
http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Hampshire-Appleseed/186407501403418?sk=app_4949752878

Blue Five

Thanks Treble!

Okay, I created the page here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wisconsin-Project-Appleseed/193999693972485

Please like and invite your friends!  I will keep it up to date with upcoming shoots and photos that are put into AARs.