News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Instructor Manual, Heads-up, and should we have a local info appendix?

Started by Patent guy, March 31, 2011, 02:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patent guy

Hi folks,

In case you have not seen this:  [link deleted by poster (Patent guy) I should not have included all of the material in this forum post]

We have a new and much expanded Instructor manual, but we are cautioned that it will soon be revised.

Should we assemble a PDF document with info on local ranges, etc, which can be printed & carried to local events?

If anyone wants to send or bring me something to scan or copy into that "Maryland local knowledge" appendix, I'd be happy to be the keeper of the file (I have access to alot of office equipment and Adobe, etc).
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

BeSwift

A couple of thoughts regarding a range directory... Being an Appleseed manual, maybe only include ranges that have hosted Appleseeds? 

For each Appleseed host range, an extremely detailed range data sheet is assembled and submitted.. Maybe assemble these sheets from  ours and surrounding states?

There's a variety of range directories online.. here's an example..
http://www.nra.org/nralocal.aspx   
We could assemble a listing but it would take a bit of doing.. I remember seeing one on MD Shooters forum but can't seem to find it right now...

My 02..    BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

2 clicks low

Here is another good directory.

http://www.wheretoshoot.org/index.cfm

As there are several big 2A groups, NRA, NSSF, etc keeping our "range prospecting lists" up to date for us, I think we should let them do their thing and we take care of our job of saving the nation.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne