News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Prayers need to go out for our Marines being sent to Libya

Started by Castle Mountain, March 30, 2011, 12:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Mountain

Our prayers go out for our Marines being sent to Libya for their safety and safe return home.

CAMP LEJEUNE (WTVD) -- Twenty-two hundred Marines and sailors from Camp Lejeune are preparing to deploy off the coast of Libya in northern Africa.
They said goodbye to their families Monday afternoon, and they'll be leaving in the days ahead.      http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8039326

Check out the section of the Constitution that requires the president to secure a formal declaration of war from Congress before he can wage war against a foreign regime.
He is going to the UN to seek permission to attack a sovereign and independent country. .....? Gadzooks!
Here we go again... of course we will SOM while they go OM. Not happy about this. No need to debate, just pray for them, please.

CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Cooper

And in those prayers, please remember and lift up the Special Operators that have been on the ground inside Libya for nearly a month, providing intel and directing the laser designation signals that have made possible the precision devastation of Ghaddafi armor and artillery without overwhelming civilian casualties.

Wasn't there, didn't happen and oh, by the way, thank you so much for what you didn't do...

These quiet professionals saved my sorry ass thirty-something years ago, and still do it every day for someone, somewhere under impossible conditions.  Pray for their safety and their families.   We sleep peacefully at night because they are out there ready to do violence on our behalf.

Don't ask, I can't answer.

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

scuzzy

I was born at Camp Lejeune, more commonly known as Jacksonville, NC My old man was a Marine in Korea during the 50's. He was in Nam in the 60's, 2 tours. Combat Medic Badge. I'm proud of him. He's gone but not forgotten.

Bless 'em all. Hope they come home.

I don't like the wars they've been though, but I sure as heck don't spit on troops. Anybody that does will have a quick punch from me.

Here's to my old man.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Garand69

Spot 0n Folks  O0

While it is not our job as Appleseeders to concern ourselves with who sent where or why.... It is EXTREMELY imperative that we focus on the task at hand... Waking Up America.

Our job will be done, when such asinine decisions are not made by our elected officials.... we have a long row to hoe my Appleseed Brothers & Sisters! So let's get back at it ~~:) ~~:)

But in the mean Time, Thoughts and Prayers go out to our Servicemen potentially in harm's way O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Johnnyappleseed

Semper Fidelis -- Thoughts and prayers to all our service folks . Included are those who should be praying for wisdom ,especially those making decisions .

Has anyone noticed the rebel forces shooting entire mags in the air ?
Not surprised they are who we will be helping  ::)

TY -- CM for the heads up on this  ;)
Respectfully ,
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

sirk798

I am not trying to start a pissing match, or a debate on the libya deal. I just want to set the record straight as to this deployment. The 22nd MEU was always set to deploy to the Mediterranean sea. The deployment was just bumped up. This is nothing unusual when there are operations throughout the world. It is to long of a explanation of how Marine Expeditionary units work. but again this is not uncommon.