News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Hastings, NE March 26/27, 2011

Started by zombiehunter, March 29, 2011, 11:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiehunter

I've been to more than one Winterseed, but when I woke up Saturday morning, saw the truck thermometer at 34°, and liquid sunshine droplets hitting my windshield, I was thankful that Four Rivers Sportsman's Club had an indoor range to host this Appleseed!  And the radiant heaters over the firing line were a welcomed luxury, too.  ;)  Saturday produced 6 shooters on the line and 4 instructors (Gibbs459, Sharps74, FLUFF, and me).  By the end of the day on Saturday, we had gotten through half a dozen AQTs and had 1 shooter qualify as Riflemen (this was his 3rd Appleseed - way to persist!).  Sunday showed a drop off with only 3 shooters, where everyone showed improvement...  oh, and this was Eagleeye's 2nd Appleseed, so after shooting Rifleman again on Sunday, he took up the challenge of the Orange Hat.  Welcome to the Instructor Corps! Now, onto some pics from the weekend:

Welcome to Four Rivers Sportsman's Club's indoor range.  This one'll just be rimfire, folks.

Let's talk about 6 Steps to Firing the Shot.

Prone.

Sitting.

This here sling is good for more than just carrying your rifle.  The first step to getting into the hasty sling is making sure the length is correct...

This was his 3rd Appleseed and after dry firing and shooting AQTs at his range, this time he persisted to a score of 214!

Eagleeye was looking for a little more of an NPOA challenge on Sunday afternoon, so he hung his AQT at an angle to require adjustments in not just windage, but elevation when he shifted targets.  Show off.   ;D

This was Eagleeye's 2nd Appleseed and after consistently shooting Rifleman scores, he asked for an Orange Hat because he wants to take the next step down the path of waking up sleeping Americans.

Thanks to all the shooters and Instructors who made this another great weekend of Appleseeding!
Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association! http://www.nebraskafirearms.org/