News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Spooner 4/16-17 Promo Opportunity

Started by Taylor, March 28, 2011, 12:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

We're (Dicey and me) running ads in two local advertiser type papers for the three weeks preceding the shoot and plastering flyers wherever possible. I just became aware of another promo opportunity for this shoot that I personally can't add to my schedule due to other committments. Indianhead Rifle and Pistol Club, our host range for the shoot, is having a gun show Friday April 8th and Saturday April 9th. Best I can do is drop off some flyers Friday evening as I'm passing by on my return from a week in IL . Saturday I have to go up to Northwoods Rifle Range in Gordon to help out at their Turkey sight in day since in a moment of civic volunteerism I joined their board. Anybody out there able to try to get an Appleseed table going for this event if we are able to secure one? Dicey is available but is not up to handling the whole thing herself. Thanks for any help. If anyone can come from a long distance and would need overnight accomodations we have two spare bedrooms and are happy to host fellow Appleseeders.

Thanks, Taylor.

PS-Looking at zero pre-regs so far for this shoot and this past weekend having IITed at a 3 shooter AS in Hinckley, MN really drives home the importance of promotions.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

martin

Jo and I will try to make it,,,it's syrup time and we usually cook on the weekends but we may be able to break away and come and work the crowd a little,,,,
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

crash

i will be there.  Any idea who I can contact for a table?  Also anyway to get some fliers?  I am still out
"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

Taylor

Great Martin. I'll contact them re. a table.

Just got a call back from Hayward R&G Club's President, a voice message actually. I sent them a letter same time I did Rice Lake. He wants to take us up on the offer of a complimentary shoot at Spooner to check us out for a possible shoot in Hayward. Before I call him back can you advise protocol for him to pre-reg as a free shooter? I made same offer to Rice Lake but our contact there is planning to attend Spooner at his own expense.

Thanks.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

crash

Have him register online as a free shooter and then just have him bring some sort of ID of who he is and what board he is on. Also have him bring a friend or six!
"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

Taylor

PDF of ad with contact info attached. I have some of the flats featuring the smiling young lady with the AR.
Dicey could run them down to Spooner.

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

crash

Called and left a message with my name for a table.  I should expect a call tonight yet.  So anyone want to work the crowd with me? 
― John Adams

Taylor

Sign Dicey (aka Joyce) up for 1st shift Saturday. I can drop off some flyers at your place early Sunday on my way to Deer and Turkey Expo. Work for you Crash?

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

I just got off the phone with Tim McGuire president of Hayward R&G Club. He is interested in Appleseed and will attend the Spooner shoot as our guest and then discuss hosting a shoot at his range.

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

crash

Ok... we have a table, setup starts at 4:30 Friday.  If you have trifolds I could really use them.  So who can help with the endeavor?  Whos' with me? 
― John Adams

Taylor

Crash-I'll drop off flyers (I think I have some tri folds left but not a lot) by your house this Sunday 8-9AM.
Dicey will be there to (wo)man the table Saturday morning. As soon as I'm done up in Gordon Saturday I'll head down to Spooner but no idea what time.

Taylor

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

colycat

This is information to print on the back of the postergirl 8 x 10's
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Taylor

Thanks. I'm in theprocess of imprinting 200 for Crash.

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison