News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Fredericksburg, TX 3-26/27-11

Started by zonkertx, March 28, 2011, 11:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zonkertx

Another good shoot in Fredericksburg this weekend.  Saturday was rather hot for this time of year, then we were hit by hard rain and hail after hours.  No damage, and the weather cooled down nicely for Sunday's festivities.  Thanks to all who worked and attended this shoot!  POP, RainmanJS, Dragit, EyeQ, Jerry, and Mark (Not sure they have forum names?), and especially Shaftoe visiting from Georgia, and his father Keepmvng.  Instructor families are great!  As always, Two Wolves was a HUGE part of making this shoot a success.  His fancy target line and tradition of handing out challenge coins were much appreciated.  I hope that anyone I may have left out will forgive me, as the coffee doesn't seem to be working this morning...

We had a wide range of shooters, and all made good progress.  2 patches awarded, to Danielle and Christine.  Congrats to the first Fredericksburg Riflewomen!  Both were at the inaugural FBG shoot last April, and have attended a couple since then.  The lesson here is that Persistence Pays!

My usual photo gallery is here:
http://www.ebfulton.com/appleseed/FBG_3-26-11/

I'll quit sweating about what I forgot to mention and just hit "Post"...  Hopefully those with better pictures than those from my Blackberry will be along soon.

catlynn54

I agree!  It was a great shoot.  I want to thank the shoot boss, instructors and instructors in training for running it.  I especially liked the fact that they divided the group up for those of us who wanted/needed more personalized instruction.  That was a huge help to me and my hubby, Although he didn't think he needed it at first, he quickly realized how much he had to learn.
We will be back in April.

RainmanJS

catlynn54: I'm really glad you enjoyed that, we were hoping that it would work out and provide for more individualized attention for the wide range of skill levels that always attend in Fredericksburg.

I would again like to thank my fellow instructors, two wolves and Tanya, and all of the shooters that attended.  I think this may have been my favorite event yet, and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in April for an even better one.
No man should bring children into the world who is unwilling to persevere to the end in their nature and education.  -Plato

POP

Holy Orange Hat ... Zonertx.
When Fred the Helpful finds out how "ya'll" desecrated Appleseed Property he'll probably make that a mandatory right of passage to the coveted Red Hat.   **)  That was fun.

I seem to remember two other patches Sunday that two of our younger ladies earned.  Alaina and Madeline earned the Appleseed youth patch for their perseverance and for being so attentive.    I know someone has pics.

Well, I just drank my first cup of coffee since my return from FBG.  EyeQ and I were last to leave ... we turned out the lights because that party was over and locked the gate just as that Hill Country sun drifted below the horizon.  What a purty end to a great weekend.

All ya'll who have pics please post.  As soon as I find my patch cord from my phone to the laptop I will upload a few.

For now let me just say this was a rewarding weekend for Appleseed, for our country, for the attnedees and instructors, and for me personally.  I thank each and every one of you for being there, doing your best, and contributing to the weekend's success.

Thank you.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Keepmvng

As a fairly new instructor in Appleseed this was a very rewarding weekend.

First a big 'Thank You' to  a great group of shooters willing to take two long days of instruction in the hot sun and add to that the wet ground on Sunday morning , all to learn rifle marksmanship skills.

I had the fortune to be on the line with both Danielle and Christine. Both were shooting sub 4 MOA groups on Saturday morning.  With just a few adjustments (NPOA shifts) and working within the time limits of the AQT, they were well on their way to becoming "Riflewomen".     Both had major problems with magazines on their 1022 rifles while shooting the AQTs.  With determination they worked through it and got the scores they came for.

Danielle and Christine - I hope this isn't the end to your journey with Appleseed but rather the beginning.

Tonya and Robert -again, thank you for bringing Appleseed to Fredericksburg and making it what it is today.

Pop - you are a motivator and admired by your fellow Appleseeders.  Thank You!!

Mark (Keepmvng)
Marksmanship is a perishable skill

POP

With 34 shooters on the line Saturday morning we had a number of families represented by two or more family members.

Here, Keepmvng and Son Shaftoe  explain how to post Red Coat Targets.  Shaftoe flew from Georgia to instruct with his Dad in Fredericksburg.  How fortunate we are to have such strong Instructor Families in Appleseed.

POP

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

POP

A number of Shooter Families were on the line Saturday morning.
The first course of fire was the 13 shot Red Coat.  Of 34 shooters we must have had 11 families represented by "husband wife" ... "Mother Daughter" ... "Father Son" ... "Brother Sister" ... "Grandfather Granddaughter / Grandson" ...

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Man - F-burg sure does draw a crowd!

I might have to make it there someday.  8)
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

shaftoe

What a fantastic weekend for America.

Through almost every type of weather in existence, the shooters persisted and spirits stayed high.  From baking sun to driving rain and hail to cold and creeping damp, the attendees and instructors adapted, overcame, and marksmanship steadily improved.

I'm proud to see Texas, my birthplace, continue a long tradition of perseverance, patriotism, and skill with a rifle.  I'm honored to have met so many great people this weekend. 

Thank you all.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. --Edmund Burke

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.  --Theodore Roosevelt

Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

Two Wolves

They say the 3rd times a charm, so I'm re-writing this post yet again. :wb: :wb:  I keep losing the post or I get timed out. %)

This Appleseed thing is amazing! Every event becomes the best shoot EVER! Go figure  ;D

To my heroes:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Pop, RainmanJS, Dragit, Zonkertx, Shaftoe, Keepmvng, EyeQ, Twinkletoes, Gypsy, Mark Martinez and Danita Jones :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

With about 40 O0 people at this shoot, the names are difficult to remember, but the faces and smiles burn brightly in my mind. ++)

This Appleseed will go down in history as the event where Fredericksburg "Crowned" our first "Riflewomen" &)

Congratulations
               ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ Christine & Danielle ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

These two ladies define persistence. ~~:) I've lost track of how many shoots they have attended, but they just came back time and time again. Appleseeds in Fredericksburg are like old hometown reunions. @@)

Special mention goes out to Hector Ortega. Hector is leaving for basic training in April. My goal was to give Hector a "leg up" on his rifle skills so he can---shine on the line. :---
Thank you, Brian, ;) for visiting with Hector. He was very enthusiastic after talking with you.

Chris Church----all I can say is fantastic. O0 O0 O0 Thanks for the memories!

Okay----Okay----Okay---- The moment you all have or should be waiting for. In keeping with an Appleseed tradition, we officially retired Zonkertx's orange hat. **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) It was a sight to behold. And, for you lucky people who are reading this post I have a treat for you. Click on the link below to see it first hand. Congratulations on the red hat Zonkertx.

The good wolf has been fed again. ..:.. ~ TwoWolves.

p.s. Thank you to my good friend Lou for attending.

Houston, we have a problem. The video link is not loading. Keep checking back. Anybody that knows how to fix this please give me a shout!
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Two Wolves

Uploading again

Ignore this post. Go down.
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

zonkertx

Is anyone else able to see this video?  Seems like it's rather small...  (< 1MB)

Two Wolves

Zonkertx, call me--830-456-3665 ~ Two Wolves

Two Wolves

Okay boys and girls, Two Wolves has figured it out. O0

Videos are too large for this site sooooooo, I made it into a youtube video.

Click on the link below,  **) ^:)^ **) ^:)^ **)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Tli2hBpZw

zonkertx

WOW!  That camera did justice to the Nagant carbine's fireball!
Great vid, Two Wolves..  Thanks!

dragit

Stargnoc to Christine (aka I am in The Zone) and Danielle (aka Keeper of The Holy Hand Grenade) for their riflewomen scores.  Persistence paid off for these two.  Christine is the first attendee, man or woman, I have seen clean THREE Red Coats in a weekend. :--- ..:..

Also to Everett for finally getting to wear the RH he earned on the way home from Pharr.  "Hey Scout, what about that PC we were doing prior to that last tangent we took?"  His OH is now ventilated with .22 to .308 sized holes.

Thanks to Rodger for the special coin I now carry in my pocket and the great vid.  That camera has a nice mic on it.

Shaftoe (nice to meet you), Keepmvg, El Tejano, Twinkle Toes, Gypsy, and Rainman it was a learning experience.

Until next time.

Thanks to the left side of the line, it makes a weekend to see people take pride in their achievements.  Pass it on to others and wake people up.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

voortrekker

Congrats zonker on your shiny new Red Hat Brother!!   O0

You've definitely earned it...........Thank you for your time, dedication and expertise on the firing line.

Also, dunno who made the target backers or provided them, but the range looks absolutely top notch.

Brett out.
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

starfox

Congrats Zonker!!!

And to the left of the line:  CHICKEN WING!!! :)

Looks like DoubleLL and myself might have to make it down to Fredericksburg sometime soon.
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

I Am In The Zone

Hi guys,
I had a great time with you all ..:.. :).And thanks again for all your help! Looks like you had fun with the orange hat.  :---O0 I hope to see you at the April shoot.

Christine

Two Wolves

I Am In The Zone, welcome to the forum. Well---- you did it! You worked so hard and persisted and it all paid off. It was very exciting for all of us who reached that goal to watch you shoot. Overjoyed would be an under statement. Thank you again for coming to Fredericksburg, and we are anxious to get Sam shooting.~Two Wolves

POP

Brett, here's another view of the range from on top of the berm, looking back at the firing line.  I took a safety walk Saturday morning as the shooters were coming in.

The Gillespie County Patriots purchased the target backers for the April 2010 event.  They are the standard political sign type corrugated plastic, only black.  Two Wolves has redesigned the target line for ease of setup and tear down.  Definitely has the scenic Texas Hill Country flair.  We are quite fortunate to have the GCP as support for Appleseed.  Thank you Two Wolves, Gypsy, and GCP.

POP

Quote from: voortrekker on March 29, 2011, 10:58:13 PM

Also, dunno who made the target backers or provided them, but the range looks absolutely top notch.

Brett out.
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

onyx

So as someone who heard about RWVA through zonkertx, I must say I'm very happy to have been a part of it.  While I did not make Rifleman, I certainly did gain a nice tan and some sore muscles :)  I have since become a member of the RWVA and will be attending the April 17th shoot to complete my Rifleman.  I can't wait to hear the shout of "Ready on the firing line?..........FIRE" next weekend!

Two Wolves

Onyx, welcome to the forum.  We look forward to your return to Fredericksburg. I believe there's a riflemans patch waiting on you. BTW, you might want to do just a little practice on your steady hold factors and on the transitions this week.  See ya on the line,               ~Two Wolves