News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Harford County, Maryland March 26-27, 2011

Started by BeSwift, March 27, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Wow, what a weekend. :D..hopefully, the final Winterseed weekend til at least Dec! Weather was mid 30's, with a steady cold breeze, and mostly overcast Sat..more of the same, with snow showers early in the AM Sunday.. While borderline, it was decided that the shoot would qualify for the Winterseed patch...It's a good thing too, as we handed out a LOT of Rifleman patches, to those who earned them..

Excellent group of students... Sat., 4 out of 13 students earned their Rifleman patch.. Sunday another 4 made it... So out of 14 individuals, over half joined the Rifleman ranks. ::).... And it gets better..
One Sunday only students' LOW score was a 240..followed by scores of 247 twice :---! Another student managed 5 rifleman scores including a 240 & 241!  Several others managed 230's and 220's repeatedly... Must be something in the water...  #)

Thanks for Sashok.Privetov and Handyman for their assistance in instructing, and a special thanks to Jerry for arranging the shoot at the Boy Scout camp location.. I hope this leads to more shoots in this neck of the woods.  BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

sashok.privetov

always a good time when the temperature drops 10 degrees between departure from the house and appleseed arrival...

had fun though.
There is a saying in Russia, a notion really--Texan Politeness:
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

This message was sent with 100% recycled electrons.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Just good ol' country boys I guess, clinging to our guns and Bibles I guess!!! ;)

Brian, Alex and Bob---- I just can't say enough about this weekend!!!  The instruction couldn't have been any better--- TOP NOTCH all the way!!!  The Appleseed Project is a program that is destined for greatness, without a doubt!  The untold history of our founding fathers that we learned a little about today and yesterday is inspiring, to say the least.

Folks if you have ever thought about taking an Appleseed, quit thinking and do it!!!  What are you waiting for?  Bring a friend, or better yet your son, daughter or spouse!  You will not regret this-- the value is fantastic( phenomenal!!!) and the experience is priceless!  I will be back for sure!!  This weekend is without a doubt the 'highlight' of my shooting 'career', but with the instruction I learned, things will get even better now...

Thanks again for making me an incredibly better shooter in such a short period of time!  I had a blast, if you couldn't tell!!

Hope to see you all again soon!

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Alex--- I also wanted to say thanks for your service ( US Army) and , although my welcome is waaaayyy late, welcome to America!!   Folks like you and what you must have had to do and sacrifice to get here and to accomplish what you have since you came, make me proud to be an American!!!  We are better off as a nation with you here! 

sashok.privetov

Quote from: Mason-Dixon Baseball on March 28, 2011, 10:38:51 PM
Alex--- I also wanted to say thanks for your service ( US Army) and , although my welcome is waaaayyy late, welcome to America!!   Folks like you and what you must have had to do and sacrifice to get here and to accomplish what you have since you came, make me proud to be an American!!!  We are better off as a nation with you here!

Thanks, Dixie!
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

croc.hunter

Sorry to get to this thread so late but I didn't know this forum existed.

I was the guy at the far end with my friend and his son. I think they enjoyed it too even though they were having some problems with their rifles (mag malfunctions and bad sights). I had the gsg-522 with the scope.

I was able to attend only on Saturday but had a great time and feel like I learned a lot. You guys provided a great atmosphere for learning and I was happy to see the emphasis on safety. All 3 instructors did a great job. I was also glad you guys didn't give me a hard time about that prone position killing my back. What did I miss on Sunday?

I'd like to attend more of these in the future to hone my skills.

Sashok.privetov, anyone ever tell you that you look like a very young Bruce Willis? :)

Thanks,

Mike

sashok.privetov

Quote from: croc.hunter on April 16, 2011, 02:57:04 AM
I'd like to attend more of these in the future to hone my skills.
By all means--the site tells you were the events are.

Quote from: croc.hunter on April 16, 2011, 02:57:04 AM
Sashok.privetov, anyone ever tell you that you look like a very young Bruce Willis? :)
No, I must admit this is a first...  Now, why can't I have pretty girls telling me this?  Sorry, you're not my type...    >:D   Besides, DADT is still in effect.   ++)

croc.hunter

Lol! If I run in to any I'll let them know there is a Bruce Willis look alike running around.

Quote from: sashok.privetov on April 18, 2011, 07:40:33 PM
No, I must admit this is a first...  Now, why can't I have pretty girls telling me this?  Sorry, you're not my type...    >:D   Besides, DADT is still in effect.   ++)