News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Berdan shoot results.

Started by wildman, March 26, 2011, 10:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

Here are the results for the Col Berdan shoot which was shot on the March 26th. Weather was overcast with dropping temperatures.

This was a Morgan's Crew Shoot and the top shooters were "The Kid" at 69% with "7.62 BBQ" at 66% a close second. To qualify for the Morgan's Crew award shooters must shot any unsupported position with iron sights. Shooters must attend at least three of the four Morgan's held each year. Shooters only get one shot at each target.

Results for shooters using scoped rifles and not shooting for the Morgan's Crew Award are as follows wildman at 69% with Jason M coming at number two with 62.5%

Three targets are positioned at each distance 200, 300, and 400.  Right to left the targets are hard, harder, and hardest. Iron sight shooters shoot hard and harder. Scoped shooters shoot harder and hardest. Two targets are set at 500 distance creates all the difficulty required.

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

Let's hear it for the Kid!  Shooting a Garand no less! I wish I could have been there to see that.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

M1NC

My 56% didn't earn me any awards :P but it sure is satisfying to be able to hit those 460 popups with my M1!  And it gives me incentive to get better!

Thanks to everyone for making it a great shoot and for wildman for setting everything up!
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

The Kid

Thank you Wildman for always putting on a great shoot and I am looking forward to counter attack at future shoots.
-TK
"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." Lincoln