News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Afghanistan: SB West's Supply Chain

Started by techres, March 17, 2011, 02:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techres

Fellow Hoosier Appleseeders:

Indiana's SB West has given us what we need to get him what he needs while he is serving in Afghanistan.  This thread will be the coordination thread for getting those supplies to him without too much redundancy.  This is a working thread and not a chatting one, so please keep this on point. 

First off, West's APR is:

Brady Westling
455 EAMXS/C-130 AMU
APO AE, 09352

The current supplies he has asked for are:

QuoteSo, I need the following, if anyone can help.

3-ring binders, 1 1/2 inches up to 3 inches.
Page protectors
3-ring dividers (with tabs if you can!)

Of course, the guys and gals over here always love candy, snacks, good coffee, and drink mixes!

For anyone who has not done this before, it is very helpful and easy to do.  If you need help PM me to see how easy it is to do with kids along for the learning.

As West needs things I will ask he post that up and we can update this OP.  Additionally, as people send things out we should update the list so that we know what he has gotten and get it checked off the list.

So, let's get to it and get him what he has asked for a more. 

Thanks,
Techres

UPDATE: 

ITEMS REQUESTED:

• 3-ring binders, 1 1/2 inches up to 3 inches.
  • Page protectors
  • 3-ring dividers (with tabs if you can!)
  • Web Sling
  • Computer Mouse
  • Hard Candy (Jolly Ranchers, etc)

ITEMS SENT:

• "No Redcoat Stickers" ((Thanks 2 clicks low!)
  • Box 1: 2x 3-Ring Binders (1 large, 1 small), sheet protectors, separators, zip lock bags, pain killer, red coats, national flyers & talking targets, two of Chillidog's awesome stickers, and most important of all: 3 Boxes of Girl Scout Cookies from Niecie!
  • Box 2: GI Sling (remember the deal, this one is mine and you promised to personally bring it & you back safe and sound), Patch and Boonie (in case those were missed too), TP, drink mix, shampoo, mags, zombie book, soap, corn (hey this is IN), USB mouse, shirts, rifleman cards, and one of CM's posters (first to that hemisphere I think!).
  • Box 3: Some coffee and snacks (Thanks APC230!)
  • Box 4: Binders, candy, magazines, second computer mouse, tea.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

JustJeff

Techres... PM me your paypal info so I can donate a few FRN to this effort.  Having been in similar situations, I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to not have those continuity folders and how hard it can be to get basic office supplies while deployed. 
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

R1SGx2

Techres,

We will have some greeting cards for the April Shoot at Saratoga NY for participates to sign to send to this address.

Thanx for sharing,

mark
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

2 clicks low

I ordered him a stack of No Red Coat stickers. Had them sent directly to him.
2cl

Quote From indyjoe

Re: No More Red Coats
« Sent to: 2 clicks low on: March 21, 2011, 11:55:53 PM » Quote Reply Remove   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hitting the USPS tomorrow.  Not sure how long it takes to get over to you.  Hopefully not too long.

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

techres

Slight address correction from West changed in OP.

techres

Ok, kids loaded up the first box! (actually eldest daughter loaded box while big brother guarded her from any infiltrators hunting down Niecie's cookies  :---  )

In Box:  2x 3-Ring Binders (1 large, 1 small), sheet protectors, separators, zip lock bags, pain killer, red coats, national flyers & talking targets, two of Chillidog's awesome stickers, and most important of all: 3 Boxes of Girl Scout Cookies from Niecie!

Should ship ASAP!  Shipped!

Adding items to list above.

Techres

P.S. For anyone with kids and no-one military in the family - this is the perfect way to teach them about the hard things we ask of our military personnel and what we owe them in thanks.

techres

Box 2 shipped yesterday, prepping box 3 (found a couple of 3 ring binders at home along with another pile of magazines, etc). 

Hoping to find more binders to follow, still need updated info on candy/junk food requests of fellow troops as well as need to round up an item or two to surprise with.

ACP230

My wife packaged up some coffee and snacks and sent them early this week. 

Niecie

I have quite a few 3 ring binders I can donate to the cause. I will drop them by Sunday, if we come down. Other wise I can ship from here. Tell the kiddos thanks for protecting and shipping the cookies for me! See ya soon.

Thank you so much for doing this. I am sure it is really welcomed and appreciated by West and his fellow patriots. :)

Niecie

ErikAnderson

ASFN (автоматическая социальная финансовая сеть) данный проект объединяет людей в единое целое, где люди обмениваются единой внутренней валютой.
Данная валюта растет темпами 0,7% в сутки и 21% в месяц, по моему мнению, данная процентная ставка, оптимальна.
C каждым днем все больше и больше людей интересуется проектом ASFN, ниже указан график запросов в поисковых системах с положительной диинамикой.

И так подведем итог, прибыль, по росту процентов 21% в месяц, так же работает реферальная система - 7 уровней, от первого уровня получаете 5% и т.д.
Приток денег идет на привлечение инвесторов, вкладывается в бизнес реального сектора, средства завязываются на товаре, за виртуальную единицу кроме того как можно обменять на обычные деньги, приобретаются товары известных брендов, Apple, Samsung, HTC...
В составе команды ASFN трудятся ведущие программисты и веб-разработчики, руководители с большим управленческим опытом, сообщество плавно и уверенно развивается.
Запущены проекты топливных карт (вносится депозит и затем заправляетесь неограниченное время, лимит в месяц конечно есть), оплаты мобильной связи, все это можете узнать на Нашем портале ASFN __asfn-invest_com. Как видите тут все серьезно, всё нацелено на долгий и стабильный рост. Посмотрите, ознакомьтесь с информацией и решите для себя, нужен ли Вам и Вашей семье такой доход.
Ждем Вас в нашем сообществе. Уверенность в будущем, уверенность в настоящем.
Прямая ссылка для регистрации.

Так же работает консультационная поддержка, по России звонок бесплатный - 8 800 555 92 55 Звоните, спрашивайте, не стесняйтесь, будем рады Вас услышать.
ПС: На просторах Интернета (а там сразу все становится известным), не найдете жалобы о том что "ASFN" не платит!

West

Got the first box today!

Thanks everyone for the support, it really means a lot, and I know the guys and gals appreciate it.

It's a different world over here.  I am new to deployments, and I am mainly an outcast.  I have my own office and I work alone - it's a bit sad.  I wish I had a groupful of Appleseeders over here to hang out with, oh how the days would go by!

In any case, I'm trying to keep my spirits up, get mail is a definate lift!

Thank you all so much,

I'll come home safe and I'll be there soon.

West :))

techres

Quote from: MisterAnderson on March 25, 2011, 10:54:49 AM
I have several 3 ring binders and if I'm not mistaken, tabbed sheet dividers as well.  If you are still in need of them, let me know.

That is great!  Can you either send them in to West directly or I would be happy to send them on in the next box going out of Indiana.  I am sure they will get used and be greatly appreciated.

Another box went out today with more magazines, two more binders and some tea, hard candy, and stuff.

West has mentioned that hard candy is really helpful in the hot, dusty weather they have there and so if you can, add some in!

Thanks to everyone who is helping with this.  It is the least we can do to help West and those around him over in the sand & dust.

Techres

Patriot Gal

Ok...I've got a box ready to go with the rest of the office supplies (paperclips, push pins, post it notes) along with some bulk items like granola bars, lemonade drink packs (I'll also add some tea) gum and I'll also add some Jolly Ranchers.  I'm throwing in some vitamins for good measure and to keep him healthy and keep him from getting worn down!!!!  ;D

I've asked the Illinois Team to help so I'm waiting a few days to see who wants to help and to solicit any other ideas to add to this shipment.  Then it'll be off!!!

Thanks!!
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

techres

Miki got two more boxes out of MI and at least one more shipped from IN carrying goodies and office supplies.  I hear of boxes coming out of ID as well!

You all rock!!!!!    :bow:  O0

The last word I have from West is office supplies and hard candy.  He also wanted more of the Chillidog stickers so that he can mark all the stuff with our logo and a "donated by" sticker.  Further requests were gonna come from those above him, but I do not have an update on that yet.

Oh, he did mention a copy of PRR if anyone has one lying around.  I think he both wants to share it, but also wants to be sure not to let his red hat get at all rusty colored.  It's not like we're gonna give him any slack when he gets back...   ~~:)

;D

Thanks to everyone and know it is one of those times you truly get to do the Good Lord's work,
Techres

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

techres

Thanks again to all who have helped thus far!

I just got this request in from West:

Quote from: West on April 26, 2011, 08:34:53 AM
Josh,

I had a request recently for a coffee maker.  Our coffee pot in the front office is broken, and we're having to go to the chow hall every time someone want's coffee.

I was wondering if anyne out there could hook us up?

Thanks,

So there it is, the mission should you accept it: get a coffee machine to West.

Who's up for it?

Techres

AuntieBellum

Will go out in the mail tomorrow.  O0
Quote from: techres on April 26, 2011, 09:43:53 AM
Thanks again to all who have helped thus far!

I just got this request in from West:

Quote from: West on April 26, 2011, 08:34:53 AM
Josh,

I had a request recently for a coffee maker.  Our coffee pot in the front office is broken, and we're having to go to the chow hall every time someone want's coffee.

I was wondering if anyne out there could hook us up?

Thanks,

So there it is, the mission should you accept it: get a coffee machine to West.

Who's up for it?

Techres
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

West

Hallo everyone!

I just wanted to send out a huge thanks for everything, and thank you all for the support.  The packages that we get here help improve morale a huge amount, and no we are getting ready to wrap up here.

I will let everyone know when I get home.

Again, thank you all, and see you on the trail.

ACP230

Niecie

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
Can't wait to see you!! Have a safe trip home! A GREAT big  thank you to you and your fellow servicemen! We greatly appreciate your service.

Niecie & YellowhouseJake

techres

Let us know the cutoff date for sending stuff!  Would not want to ship and miss you - although the guys still there might like all the stuff in the boxes anyways. ;)

Travel safe friend and see you soon.

Techres

(but do give us a no later than date on shipping stuff out!)

Quote from: West on May 14, 2011, 07:58:31 AM
Hallo everyone!

I just wanted to send out a huge thanks for everything, and thank you all for the support.  The packages that we get here help improve morale a huge amount, and no we are getting ready to wrap up here.

I will let everyone know when I get home.

Again, thank you all, and see you on the trail.

West

For a no later than date...

I would say if it isn't in the mail - don't send it.  I've been waiting on a couple of packages for a few weeks and they haven't shown up.

Thank you all very much!

techres

Roger.  Will have to just give you any leftovers when you return home.

Quote from: West on May 16, 2011, 12:50:26 PM
For a no later than date...

I would say if it isn't in the mail - don't send it.  I've been waiting on a couple of packages for a few weeks and they haven't shown up.

Thank you all very much!

West

All,

I will be back in Indiana Mid June, and back on the trail in July.  I will be going to Camp Perry, so those dates are out.

Looking foward to being home, and thank you all again.

Time flew, and I'm looking forward to getting back!

West

I am safely on the ground and enjoying my bit of time off.  I will be hitting the road after my in processing on Wednesday.

I signed up for a couple of shoots this month and next.

Thank you all for everything.  You have no idea how much morale improves when you get packages from loved ones and friends.  If it wasn't for you all I would have probably gotten two packages total, and not been able to help out other people in the unit.

My thanks to you all and I will see you soon on the trail.

West

Miki

techres

Awesome! Welcome back man!

Keep us up to date on how soon we will see you on hoosier soil.  And definitely, get signed up for some shoots.  We can use all the help we can get. 

Glad we could collectively help you while you were over in the sandbox for us,
Joshua/Techres

Quote from: West on June 11, 2011, 07:25:49 PM
I am safely on the ground and enjoying my bit of time off.  I will be hitting the road after my in processing on Wednesday.

I signed up for a couple of shoots this month and next.

Thank you all for everything.  You have no idea how much morale improves when you get packages from loved ones and friends.  If it wasn't for you all I would have probably gotten two packages total, and not been able to help out other people in the unit.

My thanks to you all and I will see you soon on the trail.

West

hawkhavn

West,

Glad to hear you're wheels down and safe.
Be careful with the driving, you're probably a little out of practice...
We'll have everything ready for you when you're back.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

techres

Congrats to all that helped.  West is back with us, and from what I hear he is even showered and presentable.   ;D

Good job all supporting a fellow rifleman and soldier.

I rarely am happy to unsticky a thread and let it pass on down, but this one has served it's purpose and is ready to move on down...

Techres