News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

FULL distance AQTs on Patriot's Day

Started by yellowhousejake, March 15, 2011, 12:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

That's right. Sign up for both days on April 16th and 17th, and you can take your centerfire to Atterbury on Sunday and shoot AQTs at full distance. Camp Atterbury is an active training facility so there are a few caveats,

- Attendees must not carry side arms or have sidearms in their possession.
- All attendees must send their name, date of birth, and address to IN@Appleseedinfo.org one week in advance to participate. Information will be provided to security at the main gate.
- Attendees must sign up for two days, April 16th and 17th 2011, and must attend the Saturday event prior to attending Sunday at Atterbury. No requirement on which Saturday event they attend.
- There is a limit to the number of vehicles on the range line. Participants must be prepared to carry their rifle, mat, and ammunition when needed.
- This is a active military installation and military training takes precedence over all other activities. This event can be canceled as late as April 15th at 2pm. Local SBs will know Saturday morning if the event is canceled.
 A alternate date of May 22nd 2011 has been scheduled.
- Bacon provided for Riflemen...

This will be a trial run, and if successful, we will see more full distance shoots on the Atterbury range. Let's fill the lines across Indiana and let all shooters know they can finally stretch the legs on the centerfire rifle.

Watch the schedule!

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

ATM

So attendees will need this info and make a decision a minimum of 1 week prior to attendance.

How quickly can this info be added to the eventbrite pages for new registrants?
How do we follow up with those who have already registered and won't go back to see the update?

Quote from: yellowhousejake on March 15, 2011, 12:16:01 AM

Mmm... as it should be.  ;)
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

AuntieBellum

Quote from: ATM on March 15, 2011, 12:56:58 AM
So attendees will need this info and make a decision a minimum of 1 week prior to attendance.

How do we follow up with those who have already registered and won't go back to see the update?

Mmm... as it should be.  ;)

Perhaps we could edit all EIPs for Indiana locations to reflect this info? Eventbrite is pretty locked in, as far as I'm aware, but we can make changes to the info pages.
And then maybe we can send an email to all registered for Indiana events two weeks prior as a reminder?
What's our capacity for Atterbury? (This is just me being curious.   ;) )
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

ATM

- Attendees must sign up for two days, April 16th and 17th 2011, and must attend the Saturday event prior to attending Sunday at Atterbury. No requirement on which Saturday event they attend.

What about those attending the one-day AS at MCF&G?

Could we make a provision for them to attend as well?

Rimshot

Eventbrite is easy.  I'll have a link to this thread in all the Indiana shoot registration pages after I get home from work.  If I can stay awake long enough I can also do a mass mailing to all the main registrants (as in dad and mom and son will not get individual emails, only the one who actually placed the order) for those who have already signed up.
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

ATM

Rimshot

All two-day 'Seeds on Patriot's Day have been updated with the following text.  The last line is a live link to this thread that apparently doesn't copy/paste well out of Eventbrite.  Example

QuoteSpecial Announcement:

All Participants with a two-day ticket will have the option to forego the second day at this location and join Appleseed for a full distance course of fire (out to 400 yards) on Sunday at Camp Atterbury near Edinburgh, IN.  Since Camp Atterbury is an active military training facility, there are a few special restrictions associated with this offer.  See this thread at the Appleseed forums for more info:

Full distance AQTs on Patriot's Day
I did not get to email participants that have already registered.  YHJ, PM inbound.

"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

yellowhousejake

I have answers to all, I will post when I get home for 4H shooting tonight.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

AuntieBellum

Quote from: ATM on March 15, 2011, 05:20:56 AM
Quote from: AuntieBellum on March 15, 2011, 01:26:52 AM
Eventbrite is pretty locked in, as far as I'm aware...

Quote from: Rimshot on March 15, 2011, 03:53:37 AM
Eventbrite is easy...

Have you two met?

**)

I guess I'll let him be right...but just this once.   ;D  I guess the costs are locked in, not the descriptions below.  Good to know.   O0

And YHJ - what time ya' going to bed tonight?  We'd like to again wait until you retire before posting a whole lotta questions on a very cool announcement.   :D

yellowhousejake

Quote from: ATM on March 15, 2011, 12:56:58 AM

Yes, or they might not get through the gate.
Rimshot has already added it, he must have been reading my mind ;^)
I want to have an email sent out to all registrants, I believe it was Evenstar or Western Rose who said they could take care of that for me.

Quote from: AuntieBellum on March 15, 2011, 01:26:52 AM
Perhaps we could edit all EIPs for Indiana locations to reflect this info? Eventbrite is pretty locked in, as far as I'm aware, but we can make changes to the info pages.
And then maybe we can send an email to all registered for Indiana events two weeks prior as a reminder?
What's our capacity for Atterbury? (This is just me being curious.   ;) )

I like the EIP idea but we would have to make admin work twice, once to add it and once to remove it. Not sure I want to ask that on such a busy period.

Email, yes, great minds do think alike!

We have room for 40 shooters at Atterbury. There is room for over 100, but limited number of target frames.

Quote from: ATM on March 15, 2011, 02:41:25 AM
What about those attending the one-day AS at MCF&G?

Could we make a provision for them to attend as well?

Yep sign up for both one day events. MCFG on Saturday, Atterbury on Sunday.

Quote from: Rimshot on March 15, 2011, 06:52:07 AM
I did not get to email participants that have already registered.  YHJ, PM inbound.

I can get a second email out, already asked about it  ;)

YHJ

YHJ

Rimshot

Both of those can do it, but so can I.  Let me know what you want sent, particularly regarding existing one day tickets who may be enticed to upgrade and I'll have it sent to all registered participants before sunrise.

yellowhousejake

Quote from: Rimshot on March 15, 2011, 09:42:41 PM
Both of those can do it, but so can I.  Let me know what you want sent, particularly regarding existing one day tickets who may be enticed to upgrade and I'll have it sent to all registered participants before sunrise.

Awesome! Any ideas what it should say? Want to talk on the phone?

YHJ

YHJ

yellowhousejake

Quote from: yellowhousejake on March 15, 2011, 09:36:58 PM
We have room for 40 shooters at Atterbury. There is room for over 100, but limited number of target frames.

For those sharp minded instructors, yes that means we could support 80 shooters as half will be in the pits. For now, let's just go for 40.

YHJ

YHJ

POC

I shall have to practice loading my internal mag bolt gun before signing up to do this...
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.

Rimshot

Emails have been sent to all existing registrants for two-day events.  YHJ, apparently not all the neurons were clicking during our phone conversation and I didn't ask.  Do you want the MCF&G folks to sign up for one of the other shoots as Sunday only or do you want the announcement to read more like the one-day shooters at the other locations?

Text of the email announcement:
QuoteYou're receiving this email because you have registered for an Appleseed event on Patriot's Day weekend, April 16-17th.

Appleseed invites you to test your skill in a full-distance course of fire (out to 400 yards!) as part of this year's Patriot's Day weekend!  Thanks to the assistance of our friends at the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association (www.isrpa.org), we have the opportunity to use the outstanding range facilities at Camp Atterbury (map).  Located near Edinburgh, IN, Camp Atterbury is a premier training facility for the U.S. Armed Forces, with first class live fire facilities suited to anything from small arms to air-to-ground gunnery.

All participants with a two-day ticket to one of this year's Patriot's Day Appleseeds will have the option of putting their rifleman's skills to use at Camp Atterbury on Sunday.  Simply attend Saturday, April 16th with the rifle of your choice at the location you signed up for.  Then, Sunday, April 17th, either continue with the second day of your chosen event or bring your centerfire rifle out to Camp Atterbury to shoot AQT's (Army Qualification Tests, the target Appleseed uses to measure progress) at distances of 100, 200, 300 and 400 yards.  Participants who have already purchased a Saturday-only ticket can pay the difference to upgrade to a two-day ticket on the Saturday morning of the event.

Since Camp Atterbury is an active military facility, there are a few special considerations for this event.  Please visit the Appleseed forums at the link below to learn more:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21431

Participation in the Camp Atterbury option requires providing certain information ahead of time to get you on "the list" for Camp Atterbury's security.  See the link above for details, and send the information to IN@appleseedinfo.org

Appleseed thanks you for choosing to join us on Patriot's Day weekend, and we hope you'll join us at Camp Atterbury to put your rifleman's skills to the test at full distance!

Sincerely,

Robb "Rimshot" Pfaff

RWVA Instructor

yellowhousejake

They should be able to just sign up for one more day at Atterbury. A host app and EIP for Atterbury were turned in Monday. They should show on the calendar soon... right? soon?

YHJ

YHJ

AuntieBellum

Alright, Indiana - who's gonna come out to shoot these on April 17th???!!!

Come on, really?  Are you just gonna sit on the couch and a let the teenage girl have all the fun?!

:---

AuntieBellum

Less than two weeks left to sign up for Atterbury!!!  Let's get on it - who's gonna come shoot full distance AQTs with us on April 17?   ^-^

smiledochill

Quote from: AuntieBellum on March 29, 2011, 11:49:08 AM
Less than two weeks left to sign up for Atterbury!!!  Let's get on it - who's gonna come shoot full distance AQTs with us on April 17?   ^-^

I'm in!  Thanks for the heads up on INGO folks.  This is a great opportunity.