News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A MUSICAL TRIBUTE TO FRED, EEL, PAPPY & GARAND69 For all of the Appleseed Nation

Started by Castle Mountain, March 13, 2011, 01:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Mountain

Appleseed brothers and sisters we can all take a lesson from the results of this weekend in Ottawa, Illinois:

Stand Still and Let God Move.  I am sure Fred, EEL, Pappy, Garand69 and everyone who was present  for Fred and for each other
will agree with the lyrics of this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2YSE1Sv-ag&feature=related[/url]
Celebrate the joy we all feel and we do share our joy as we were there for all of Appleseed.

Thank you Shooter 30:06 and thank you Wurstmacher and Hawkhaven for the firm anchorship you portrayed. We love you all.
Devnull I wish you could have been here brother. Can't wait for us to come to NM and do a shoot with you, we appreciate you that much.

Moreover, let this be The Guy's song no doubt he is a happy man and we are all happy for not only The Guy, but Bobba Fett , Klipperfert and others.
You know this this could be an Illinois Jamboree  song:     I have found a way:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHkKm25I1kU&feature=related

Thank you Fred.   :bow:  Thank you for your wisdom for your leadership, your courage and dogged determination and faith in your people
and for this wonderful program we have accepted the privelage to share in and contribute to.
Coly Cat, wish you had been there. Still Love ya brother and don't you forget it.  Dinky Dao, thank you for your spirituality and insights  O0  for the words are
true....."The eyes of the Lord roam to and fro upon the face of the earth, seeking to make known His power, to those whose hearts are upright toward Him.
Thank you all for your prayers one and all for Illinois and for Appleseed.   :bow:  This is a great day a great new fresh Sunday morning. Thank you God.
Fred has set Illinois on fire all right and this team of huskies that have been staked to the ground are ready to rush across the frozen tundra of sleeping Americans minds and hearts and wake them up.

Were witness to one of the finest moments in Appleseed history. I can't image how the founders felt and how they struggled all gathered together trying to hammer out a consensus
for the signing of the Declaration but I think I have an idea now. O0 Most definitely we witnessed the finest hour of some of Appleseed's finest men. Men who stood tall
in the face of problems and forged a stronger more united Appleseed Nation. Thank you gentlemen for your poise, your focus and respect for one another and your common desire
to serve the needs of a common purpose and mission.

My parting words to Fred were....." Sir, I must say this to you, as you need to hear it, ...... I perceive you to be the personification of American Exceptionalism and I mean it.
I have had the pleasure  to have sat in front of two great men my life, one was "Francis Shaeffer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Schaeffer as a student and the other  Jack Daily  (FRED) as an Appleseed instructor.
This was a titanic meeting and from it the good ship Appleseed is sailing on the high seas of liberty with a mission focus like never before.

What came from this Saturday meeting, Patriot Gal and I will never forget. The closeness we felt to everyone, the harmony, the joy are hard for me to express but these songs
say it best. Yeah, Saturday was that great and we are so happy for all our IIT's, fellow instructors and Shoot bosses.

This has  definitely got to go down as Fred's Song:  I Have Got Peace Like a River  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh4amutBFkA&feature=related

And what has Castle Mountain and Patriot Gal learned this weekend? This song says it all for us and it should speak to all the hearts in Appleseed across this great nation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vaar6Ij55ig&feature=related

Now lets get to work and crank out true riflemen and women and double this program again this year. O0

Castle Mountain

Addendum   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKCVS57j284&feature=player_embedded
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Cooper

Quote from: Castle Mountain on March 13, 2011, 01:25:36 PM
And what has Castle Mountain and Patriot Gal learned this weekend? This song says it all for us and it should speak to all the hearts in Appleseed across this great nation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vaar6Ij55ig&feature=related

Thanks be to God indeed, that we have not suffered the loss of family that inspired this hymn:

"It Is Well with My Soul" is a very influential hymn penned by hymnist Horatio Spafford and composed by Philip Bliss.

This hymn was written after several traumatic events in Spafford's life. The first was the death of his only son in 1871 at the age of four, shortly followed by the great Chicago Fire which ruined him financially (he had been a successful lawyer). Then in 1873, he had planned to travel to Europe with his family on the SS Ville du Havre, but sent the family ahead while he was delayed on business concerning zoning problems following the Great Chicago Fire. While crossing the Atlantic, the ship sank rapidly after a collision with a sailing ship, the Loch Earn, and all four of Spafford's daughters died. His wife Anna survived and sent him the now famous telegram, "Saved alone." Shortly afterwards, as Spafford traveled to meet his grieving wife, he was inspired to write these words as his ship passed near where his daughters had died.

When you think about the lyrics, in the context of having lost all of his remaining children at sea (considered by many to be an "act of God") it becomes even more poignant:

When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Refrain:
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life,
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.

But Lord, 'tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul.

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

The only more moving example of this type is "Oh, the deep, deep love of Jesus..."  Google that hymn if you want to put your faith in prospective....

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Patriot Gal

Cooper, you might enjoy this rendition of the song.

I love his singing and also the words of encouragement he says right before he starts to sing.

"It is in the quiet crucible of your personal, private sufferings that your noblest dreams are born and God's greatest gifts are given, in compensation for what you've been through".  It is well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYFjikyp7mQ
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Castle Mountain

You just knocked it out of the park dear,  Wintley Phipps. Wow! O0
This just touches the heart.

CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in