News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lacrosse WI April 16 &17 2011

Started by dragonfly, March 11, 2011, 01:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

Its time to get your friends, family, and yourself signed up for the big event: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19592.0  This is a new location for the April event, and is a favorite to many, so get signed up before it sells out  :~

D-fly   Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Blue Five

Quote from: dragonfly on March 11, 2011, 01:42:35 PM
This is a new location for the April event, and is a favorite to many, so get signed up before it sells out  :~

Definitely a favorite for me....  :D
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Vee Kay

Looking forward to it!!!!  :)

Vonnie
Honoring the memory of my ancestor Elisha Simpson, private in the North Carolina Militia and veteran of the American Revolutionary War.

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Trisha

14 pre-regs for LaCrosse, keep it up and lets get even more people to sign up for this event!

Blue Five

We're sure working on it over here in La Crosse  8)  Hoping that some of the people we 7th stepped this weekend will choose to sign up.  We'll keep working on it!  ~~:) ..:..

B5

Quote from: Trisha on April 03, 2011, 04:24:50 PM
14 pre-regs for LaCrosse, keep it up and lets get even more people to sign up for this event!
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Blue Five

We're up to 16 pre-regs!!  ^:)^  Now let's just get those other 19 filled....

professor gun

Last week in my hunter safety class I gave out copies of the 25M drill target to all 59 students.  Told them to shoot at it at 25 yards, using field positions, and if they managed to get 5 in the inch square bring it back and we would post it.

One kid with his Grandpa coaching him put 6 rounds into the square using a bench rest and sandbags.  I posted the target on our overhead document camera so all could see the target, congratulated the kid for some fine shooting, and told the class that if they attended Appleseed Rifle Clinics they would learn how to do that from field positions. ;)

Four or five other kids reported that they managed to put 1 to 3 rounds into the inch square using a bench rest.  The kids were excited with this challenge, it got them out to shoot with parents or grandparents, sounds like they had fun, and it got them thinking about coming to Appleseed.
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

Zak

hope you all can do some rapid AQT's this weekend!!  Sounds like a good crowd already.