News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A Thanks to Our Volunteers: CT Appleseed State Patch

Started by CortJestir, March 11, 2011, 12:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Hello Nutmeggers,

Glock23 and I have been working these past few weeks on a CT State Patch, which is something I know many of you have asked for. We have a small, yet dedicated, crew and as our program grows, I think something that symbolizes our hard work is in order. The 4" round patch will be embroidered with iron-on backing. It will look like this:

It has not yet been decided on how we will use these. But I do know that these will not just be handed out freely to volunteers. Just as with the Rifleman badge, a certain dedication and persistence (commitment) to the program is required for you to earn this patch. In addition, we may give them away as small "Thank You's" to our partners (CCDL, certain gun stores, VIPs at events, etc.). Other ways to use them as incentives are being explored.

A little bit behind the symbolism of this patch (for all you emblem collectors out there):

The base color is Olive Drab, to match the RWVA Oval patch and tie us to the National program. The field of 13 stars represents the original 13 colonies, naturally. The yellow star, the 5th one from the top star, is gold to symbolize Connecticut as the 5th state to ratify the Constitution and join the Union in 1788. And long before CT was known as "The Constitution State", "The Nutmeg State", or "The Land of Steady Habits", General George Washington referred to Connecticut colony as "The Provisions State" for the contribution of supplies by Governor John Trumbull to the Continental Army. The good Gov. Trumbull, by the way, was the only colonial governor to publicly and openly support American Independence from British rule. Lastly, if you look really hard, the patch kinda looks like a bullseye target, but that wasn't an intentional part of the design (or maybe it was - you can ask Dave).  ;)

I hope to have these ready for our April 19th commemorative shoots. Glock23 and I are fronting the costs of these patches. If anyone would like to donate to help offset costs for this first run of patches, that would be appreciated, but not necessary.

I'd like to thank Glock23 for shouldering most of the work to push this through. All I did was send off some emails. He's the one who designed it and brought the idea to life. So thanks, Dave.

All the best,
CJ

CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

The Log

Outstanding work! Consider us in for a donation to help defray the costs.

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

Who_Me?

"Heritage is history you care about" - Fred

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

CortJestir

Quote from: The Log on March 11, 2011, 01:51:15 PM

Thanks, Log. Much appreciated. We can talk about it this weekend.
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

Blue Five

O0 That's awesome!  Maybe Wisconsin should make one up...though I personally would have no idea where to start.
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

CaptMac

Quote from: CortJestir on March 11, 2011, 08:09:53 PM
Quote from: The Log on March 11, 2011, 01:51:15 PM

Thanks, Log. Much appreciated. We can talk about it this weekend.

Count me in too!  How much do you need / want?
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

vernic82

Nice  O0

I'll open up the wallet - let me know who much you need.

v82
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude