News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Topic: Got pics from Evansville? -HK_Guy

Started by Squid, June 11, 2007, 02:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Hello all, first post here. I drove from Ohio to attend the Evansville shoot. I can't express to you how grateful I am to all of the instructors for doing such a fine professional job. I was on the big line with "Fred", I still haven't quite came down from the high I got over the weekend. I'm planning on attending another Appleseed shoot and I'm gonna make a trip to RWVA's home range in July. Words cannot adequately describe the comraderie and sense of mission experienced in Indiana, wow, wow, wow. I would greatly appreciate seeing some pictures taken during the event, please post them or email them to me if you have any. I took a camera along but Fred had us so busy I wasn't able to get any pics.

BTW, I'm in talks with my local range about hosting our very own Ohio Appleseed shoot. I'll keep you posted.

Squid

Ok guys, I have pics, I have been trying to send them to Fred, but as of yet have gotten no response ......

The most probable cause is my stupidity regarding computers ....so since I have not heard from Fred I will try to send them here.

this is the 500 yard range, Mountain logger, Fred and LUCKYMAN visible in that order.

Squid

hese are pics of the 500 yard range w/ tarps blowing in the 30+ mph winds, and multiple shots of Freds final benidiction, many folks are visible, hopefully you will see yourself in these and feel a slight swelling of pride

Squid

Ok I told you I was bad at this stuff....But I will persist.....but will you have the patience to persist as well?

Fred

Squid: Glad to see you here.

Seeing those tarps billowing in the wind, and the dark grey cloud-covered sky in the background really brings back the memories...

I always, after Indiana (ALL of the tarp covered line you see was built by RWVA people with some Appleseed volunteers, Friday evening before the Appleseed), thought of us as the "RWVA Engineers"...

There's an Indiana shoot coming up in Wabash this weekend, June 16 and 17 - are we gonna see you there?

If you can't make that one, I KNOW you'll be at the Evansville on June 30/July1 - right?
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Squid

these are the other 2 benidiction photos.

Squid

Oh I am getting the hang of this now!
I just now figured out the multiple attachment button!!

boy what a dufus!

First pic is of Dwayne Prather, LUCKYMANs bible study teacher, Paul  LMs coworker and friend, and Mrs. LUCKYMAN on N3ow, and Rays range during a ball and dummy drill.

second pic is of Lost in the woods coaching someone on ball and dummy (notice that really cool hat!!....Tilly I believe)

third is of Steve Proud father of Mrs LM being coached by Pam on ball and dummy as well.

fourth is a pic of little Kenny from ohio (getting ready for boot camp later this year) being coached by Dwayne

Squid

Quote from: Fred on June 11, 2007, 03:01:09 PM

Squid: Glad to see you here.

Thank you.  Glad to be here and helping.  I'm just the 'copy monkey' here today.  Doing as asked.  If there is another way to do this that keeps all the attributes of the original poster from the old forum, I'll be happy to do this another way. 

Quote from: Fred on June 11, 2007, 03:01:09 PM
    Seeing those tarps billowing in the wind, and the dark grey cloud-covered sky in the background really brings back the memories...

I always, after Indiana (ALL of the tarp covered line you see was built by RWVA people with some Appleseed volunteers, Friday evening before the Appleseed), thought of us as the "RWVA Engineers"...

There's an Indiana shoot coming up in Wabash this weekend, June 16 and 17 - are we gonna see you there?

If you can't make that one, I KNOW you'll be at the Evansville on June 30/July1 - right?

No, I won't be there.  Will be there in Texarkana though. :)

Squid

(second pic that didn't get posted above)
second pic is of Lost in the woods coaching someone on ball and dummy (notice that really cool hat!!....Tilly I believe)