News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gun smiths in new england?

Started by AmericaStandsStrong, March 09, 2011, 12:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericaStandsStrong

I am working on an english project and need gun smiths to interview.

Blake

fprintf

Hi Blake,

I shot next to you at your (and my) first Appleseed in Leyden last May. We did Ball and Dummy together. Nice to see you on the Appleseed trail!

There are probably some shops close to you, but I do want to let you know there is a place called Jo-Jo's Gun Works in Southington, CT and the two proprietors are expert gunsmiths. Super nice guys, I am sure they'd be happy to talk with you via phone or in person. They do all kinds of work there, not manufacturing their own guns but modifying already manufactured guns. I bet just about every instructor in CT knows of this shop.
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

dwarven1

I don't know of any out there, Blake, but there's Mike LaRocca of LaRocca's Gun Works in Worcester and Greg Derr of Greg Derr Precision down on the South Shore in the eastern part of the state.

Good luck!
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

CortJestir

Hey Blake,

One of our very own is a professional gunsmith. His name is Tony S. and he goes by the forum name, smithy (naturally). Give him a PM - I'm sure he'll be happy to help you out.

CJ
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

Nickle

Gee, thanks for the boost of confidence, Ross.  ::) Just kidding. I know, you never thought of me as such.

Yeah, I'm one, kind of sort of.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

AmericaStandsStrong

Thanks guys, this should help a lot. Basically the project is you pick a topic that interests you, and then study and learn about it for FOUR months.

Also, I started up I think 4 of these in different New England State threads, so if you click on the post elsewhere, and don't see your response it is probably one of the other threads, maybe not the smartest idea now that I think of it.

Blake

vernic82

Blake - you could look up David Santurri of Santurri Tool LTD located in North Attleboro, MA  http://www.santurriltd.com/

And a 2nd on Greg Derr of Greg Derr Precision located in Marshfield, MA http://www.derrprecision.com/

These guys are true bullesye pistolsmiths who can make your 1911 45 shoot 1 1/2" groups at 50 yards :o
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

crak

Buzzworth (one of our Vermont Instructors) is also a gunsmith.
Check your drama at the door.

dwarven1

Quote from: Nickle on March 09, 2011, 03:00:45 PM
Gee, thanks for the boost of confidence, Ross.  ::) Just kidding. I know, you never thought of me as such.

Yeah, I'm one, kind of sort of.

You don't make your living at it, Roger, so no, I didn't think of you when Blake asked.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

CaptMac

Quote from: crak on March 09, 2011, 09:41:27 PM
Buzzworth (one of our Vermont Instructors) is also a gunsmith.

If I wanted to interview someone who would add a little color and humor to the interview, Buzzworth would be a good choice.
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.