News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Waterman, Il Mar 5-6

Started by 2 clicks low, March 08, 2011, 08:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

Saturday was perfect winterseed weather. I just want to know how we get ankle deep mud when it is below freezing with high winds and a dusting of snow? I'm still cleaning mud off the rifle, it's never coming off the boots.

That said all the instructors re-qualified and we may have set a record:

^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^ 100% RIFLEMEN   ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^

Sean,  :bow: you were a great student and a true Rifleman. Hope to see you back soon. We got an orange hat somewhere around here in just your size.

Sunday was a bit warmer and the ground was frozen solid. Go figure. In the afternoon we went to the 200 to slap some steel. There was a gentleman with a bi-pod and sand bags zeroing his rifle next to us. We set up a spotter and started banging steel. Hit, Hit, Hit, Hit, Low, Hit, Hit, Hit,.............. As it was 200 yds, I borrowed Gopher Boys M1 and shot from sitting. Not to be out done, he shot from standing. As did Sean.

The sighter next door was duly impressed and had put 20+ rounds down range to be almost sighted in. Dugjeep got volentered to teach him our secret IMC. Turns out he's one of the ranges RSO's. Says he is signing up next month.

There were several promotions but I'll let Gopher Boy bring them up.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Gravy

Every weekend is a good weekend at an AS.  Sean did an excellent job, earned his badge, and really had a good time.  How could you not with 5 instuctors?  It was also a great opportunity for IIT's to get some experience.  The weather was true to a winterseed.  I still have mud in places I don't care to mention.  Shooting steel from 200 really makes the weekend.  A couple of clicks on the AR and we're banging steel with iron sights and a cotton sling.  You could see the range regulars gawking at us  :o as they played with their scopes and bi-pods and other needless thingys.  This kind of exhibition will do wonders for word-of-mouth around the range.  I'll be we get more than a few of them to come out.

Stonn

Photos from Waterman.

M1D

This I like.  Showing folks it's the shooter, not the rifle is a plus.
"....with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
Our first Congressmen

"It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated to the great task remaining before us....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
A. Lincoln

"That's what we do.  We're Americans"
USN Corpsman

SPQR

Its the software not the hardware.  Good job guys
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter