News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

upgrades on 10/22

Started by channelizer, March 08, 2011, 12:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

channelizer

well with help from many people here i have upgraded my 10/22 for my first appleseed shot coming up march 19-20...put a target hammer,new hammer strut,auto bolt release,new extractor,and a bolt buffer..thought it was going to be harder then what it was.Had a bit of trouble getting the hammer roll pin back in as the shims that were sent with the Volquartsen hammer were really tight to get the pin back though,took a little bit of hammering.Thank you guys
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

Old Dog

The best upgrades for your 10/22 (not listed in your post) are a set of tech sights, a set of 1&1/4" sling swivels, a 1&1/4" GI web sling, and a couple of extra magazines - along with some ammo you've pretested to insure it is both reliable and accurate in your rifle.

Good luck.

PS.  The match trigger stuff won't make you a better shooter, not at first.  Besides that.  The idea of the LTR (10/22 or other .22 set up to provide cheaper practice vs. your centerfire rifles) is to replace that centerfire for much of your range/practice time.  If your centerfire/battle rifle doesn't have a match trigger you might be cheating yourself by building up a "match" LTR.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

channelizer

i have a rock river arms Ar 15 that has been messed with a bit polishing most of the receiver parts,may be cheating myself a bit and do have all the other things you have talked about just need to get out and put some rounds thought it this weekend!!!!!! looking forward to the shoot
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson